Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think BB is holding?
AA/KK 0 0%
a paired K 9 40.91%
a pair (either PP or made pair) QQ-JJ 2 9.09%
a pair (either PP or made pair) TT-99 0 0%
a pair (either PP or made pair) 88-22 2 9.09%
2 pair, a set 1 4.55%
a draw (str8/flush) 7 31.82%
total junk 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Michelob Golden Draft Light

It was pretty popular here(Iowa City) for a while.. I don't see people drinking it as much as before but it's still readily available..
Old 09-26-2007, 09:37 PM

I used to love Mich Dry but I can't get it anymore so now I drink Bud Dry which is only sold in a couple stores around here. And it's cheaper than Bud Lite.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cant believe this stuff isn't sold nationally. It is the best selling beer in Minnesota. I drink whiskey though so I dont care.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this fact or conjecture? I like it, but know of only like one or two other people who would choose it over miller lite, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone I know drinks it (brothers, softball team, friends dad), so I think this is pretty close to accurate. Also, everyone I know buys it by the case. Miller and Coors (light) are gross comparibly.

[/ QUOTE ]

In most liquor stores I go to, the stacks of cases for Mich Golden Light are much bigger than any other. I would have to think it's the best seller, with Bud Light 2nd.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never heard of this stuff. That's interesting Poofler I figured the big companies like AB sell everything nationally

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the product portfolio is something like 150 brands - some stuff most of the country wouldn't touch. This one has ridiculous sales volumes (in Hispanic parts of the country).

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been seeing this concaction a lot in the Tampa Bay area.

The Bud version is kind of like the Miller Chill but with the added taste of clam and tomato. Mmmmmmm clam juice.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:07 PM

Oski,

I tried to pick up that chili beer last night at the upscale liquor store near my place. They didn't have it, but pointed me to the upscale grocery store right down the street (owned by the same people), which happens to be a about 100 feet from my gym, so after burning some calories I'll swing by there to put some on. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The chick I talked with actually transferred over from there and knew exactly what shelf the beer was on but couldn't comment on it since she doesn't drink beer.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been seeing this concaction a lot in the Tampa Bay area.

The Bud version is kind of like the Miller Chill but with the added taste of clam and tomato. Mmmmmmm clam juice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, never tried Miller Chill. I tink I can get fired for admitting it if I had. The target market and "drinking occasions" for Bud & Clamato and Miller Chill are very different. Miller Chill is much more mass market - they're going after Corona more than anything. I wouldn't be surprised to see A-B make a Chill copycat if Miller is successful with this.