FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 01:14 AM

Default 1/2 Live: Check Up Please

First Hand

Relevant Stacks: 8 handed
UTG $70
Hero UTG+1 $400
MP $220
LP $120 (LP is frustrated w/ me and wants to double through)

Preflop:

UTG raises to $7, Hero Raises to $20 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], MP Calls, LP Calls, UTG calls.

FLOP (4 players $80): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG checks, Hero bets 60, MP calls, LP folds, UTG folds

TURN (2players, $200): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero???
------------
Hand Two: 7 handed

Effective Stacks $380
folds to MP calls $2, Hero (CO) Raises to $11 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Button Calls, SB raises to $22, MP calls, Hero Calls, Button Calls

Flop (4 Players, $84) A84 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB Checks, MP Checks, Hero bets $30, Button Calls (hates folding suited cards and aces preflop), SB Calls.

Turn (3 Players $174) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB Checks, Hero Checks, Button bets $100 and covers, SB folds, Hero????
-----------
Hand 3, 8 handed
Hero: $250
Villain: $200

Villian Posts UTG+1

Villain Checks, Hero raises to $11 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] k [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], fold around to Villain who calls.

Flop (2 Players $24) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bets $15, Hero Raises to $40, Villain Calls,

Turn (2 Players $102) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain Pushes for $149, Hero???
-------

Comments on all hands appreciated. Thank you very much.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Live: Check Up Please

hand 1: I think is fine so far. I'd bet like 80-110 and watch him close, although I think you'd be ahead in most cases.

Hand 2: let it go. your chance was on the flop and you didn't bet enough imo. The pot is $80? and you bet $30? Once in a while, I'll just open shove in this situation for a couple reasons. 1-FE, 2-TP with big outs, 3-even if you're called with something like 2p, you're still basically flipping a coin. I don't bet any less than about $60. If I'm beat, I'm getting it stuck in over the top of me.

hand 3: I think is probably a fold. If he just posted a blind to sit in and I don't have any other info, meh, I think I'd let it go. If I have ANY reason to believe otherwise, I'm snap calling this. If you've never seen him, let it go. ATo is good sir.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Live: Check Up Please

Thanks for the reply:

In hand one I believed that I was good but wasn't sure if check-raising gets me money from Queens or worse Kings. Or if betting out would net more money. I ended up pushing here on the turn but was unsure if I left money on the table.

I blew it in hand two. I didn't realize the error until I was typing up the post at home. $30 dollars was way too little. Perhaps a 3/4-pot sized bet would be better. I'm not sure if bloating a 4 way monotone flop with one pair is a good idea. Checking might have been best? I'm truly lost on this one.

Hand three disgusted me. I was prepared to bet about half the pot on the turn in order to extract value but the T is probably one of the worst cards that I could see. I guess this is a good fold but I have doubts.