Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 07:45 PM

Default QQ blind v blind v button

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($8.25)
MP ($26.75)
Button ($27)
SB ($9.40)
Hero ($39.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $12</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...</font>

Originally reraised small to iso the sb who wasnt very good and who I figured would call. Button's 4bet sits wrong and feels a lot like air. If we assume this is all correct, and he has a poor hand (say ATo for the sake of argument) that we feel he CAN fold to a shove, is there more value in just shoving pre or checkbombing any flop (also assume he's going to bet the flop 100%)?

Note: I understand it's usually a shove/fold situation.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: QQ blind v blind v button

Since he just put in close to 50% of his stack I think he will feel obligated to call off the rest with a lot of hands if you push. There is always a chance if he has JJ and the flop is AKQ that he will cf or something so push it in.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: QQ blind v blind v button

You made nearly a pot-sized 3-bet, so I don't see why your reraise was "small," and I guess you had a read on Button too, because I don't see any reason based on the action (except that it's a blind-steal situation) to figure he's re-potting light.

So I personally wouldn't be thrilled about the situation, but since your hand seems a little too good to fold in this blind-steal situation, and if you just call you've committed nearly half of your effective stack, I guess you might as well go ahead and push.