Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: The Hitler-Like Basis of the Iranian Regime\'s Ideology

[ QUOTE ]
1) Ahmadinejad didn't say "Israel must be wiped off the map", but something similar to "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time"

2) The reason why is that "all native Palestinians, whether they are Muslims, Christians or Jews, should be allowed to take part in a general referendum before the eyes of the world and decide on a Palestinian government. Any government that is the result of this referendum will be a legitimate government." (Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Khamenei)

3) I don't see how wanting the current regime of Israel to disappear is synonymous with exterminating Jews. Wanting the fall of USSR or of the apartheid regime in South Africa doesn't mean we want to kill all Russians and South Africans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahmadinejad said:

""The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of a war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land. As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map."

"Israel is a rotten, dried tree that will be annihilated in one storm."

Iran supports Hamas. In the Hamas Charter, Article 7, it says:

"The Islamic Resistance Movement aspires to implement Allah's promise, whatever time that may take. The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said: "The Day of Judgment will not come about until the Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them), until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: Oh Muslim! Oh Abdullah!, there is a Jew behind me, come on and kill him. Only the Gharqad tree would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews."

The verse in the Charter is taken from the hadith, which along with the Q'uran is one of the basic texts of Islam. The hadith contains actions or statements attributed to the Prophet Muhammad. The verse in Article 7 contains a quote attributed to the Prophet Muhammad.

edit: Iran supports Hezbollah. Nasrallah, Hezbollah's leader quoted:

"In the New Yorker, 14/10/02: “If we searched the entire world for a person more cowardly, despicable, weak and feeble in psyche, mind, ideology and religion, we would not find anyone like the Jew. Notice, I do not say the Israeli.”

In the Lebanese paper Daily Star, 23/10/02: “If they (Jews) all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide.”

Old 09-26-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...and of its allies and spiritual predecessors.

This is why I don't think Iran can be allowed to get The Bomb. Not that Iran would be likely to use it directly, but because it's goal is quite literally the extermination of the Jewish race: the same goal as the head of Nasrallah, head of Hezbollah and ally of Iran; the same goal as the earlier Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, al-Husseini; the same goal as Sayid Qutb, founder of the Muslim Brotherhood. Ahmadinejad and Rafsanjani want genocide, plain and simple. That doesn't mean they will actually DO it but this is what these guys have STATED and what they BELIEVE (edit: Rafsanjani and Ahmadinejad have stated it a bit more obliquely or less explicitly than some of the others but it is still pretty clear what they are saying).

I'm aware that the USA has greatly erred in Iraq and that Iran may legitimately feel threatened. Iran's regime's political goals and spiritual goals ARE opposed to nearly every Western ideal of freedom and human and civil rights. Iran wants to export and expand its "Islamic Revolution", and the USA is of course opposed to that. Iran is sandwiched militarily at the moment from all sides. So Iran is quite understandably feeling threatened.

All that is small, IMO, compared to the following. It is absolutely terrifying what these guys think.

I've posted many statements by Ahmadinejad before. The following video gives recent and historical quotes of others as well, and insight into the much larger picture: the picture of genocidal plans, genocidal desires and genocidal ideology.

The aims of today's Iranian regime, their allies, and jihadists worldwide include the extermination of the Jews. The historical connection to carrying on Hitler's work is outlined too, from Grand Mufti al-Husseini's plans to build a Middle Eastern Auschwitz, to Egypt's second-largest newspaper's praise of Hitler's vengeance against the Jews (the only regret is that Hitler didn't go far enough), to modern quotes of various Middle Eastern religious leaders, and more.

Video: THE ISLAMIC MEIN KAMPF

Thanks for reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you get paid to spread this propaganda? Serious question.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's rather amazing to me that anyone can read the quotes of Ahmadinejad and Rafsanjani, Khomeini, Nasrallah, al-Bannar, Sayyid Qutb, and many others: ALL of which believe the Jews are responsible for the ills of the world and want to have an Israel-free, Jew-free world, and then you think I am spreading propaganda.

Read the quotes, and please, get your head out of the ether.

This is regrettably one of the few times I've felt like being rude on this forum, but people are repeatedly espousing GENOCIDE, yet you (and Bobman) think cataloguing and presenting that is propaganda. Was it the music that threw you guys off, perhaps? Read the quotes and tell us you don't think they're in favor of genocide. Or turn down your audio and don't even listen; just read. These guys want genocide. Therefore they can't have The Bomb, even though they probably wouldn't use it (at least not directly).

[/ QUOTE ]

With your help, I now see what's going on. Iran has been patiently biding its time for 30 years now, but will one day in the immediate future launch its dastardly plan to wipe out Israel. It will likely do so with its cutting edge air force and massive stockpile of nuclear weapons. That whole "war" that Iran had with Iraq was just to throw America-hating liberal dupes off the trail of Iran's true intentions in the Middle East.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:34 PM

I'm telling you, this "wiped off the map" phrase is

1) A translation error
2) Taken out of context

From wikipedia:

[ QUOTE ]

Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, translates the Persian phrase as:

The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).[10]

According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian" and "He did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."[11]

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) translates the phrase similarly:

[T]his regime that is occupying Qods [Jerusalem] must be eliminated from the pages of history.[12]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, read this speech from the supreme leader of Iran. Does it seem to you that he wants to attack Israel and kill the Jews?

http://www.khamenei.ir/EN/Speech/det...p?id=20051104A

[ QUOTE ]

We hold a fair and logical stance on the issue of Palestine. Several decades ago, Egyptian statesman Gamal Abdel Nasser, who was the most popular Arab personality, stated in his slogans that the Egyptians would throw the Jewish usurpers of Palestine into the sea. Some years later, Saddam Hussein, the most hated Arab figure, said that he would put half of the Palestinian land on fire. But we would not approve of either of these two remarks.

We believe, according to our Islamic principles, that neither throwing the Jews into the sea nor putting the Palestinian land on fire is logical and reasonable. Our position is that the Palestinian people should regain their rights. Palestine belongs to Palestinians, and the fate of Palestine should also be determined by the Palestinian people.

The issue of Palestine is a criterion for judging how truthful those claiming to support democracy and human rights are in their claims. The Islamic Republic of Iran has presented a fair and logical solution to this issue. We have suggested that all native Palestinians, whether they are Muslims, Christians or Jews, should be allowed to take part in a general referendum before the eyes of the world and decide on a Palestinian government. Any government that is the result of this referendum will be a legitimate government.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With your help, I now see what's going on. Iran has been patiently biding its time for 30 years now, but will one day in the immediate future launch its dastardly plan to wipe out Israel. It will likely do so with its cutting edge air force and massive stockpile of nuclear weapons. That whole "war" that Iran had with Iraq was just to throw America-hating liberal dupes off the trail of Iran's true intentions in the Middle East.

[/ QUOTE ]

The U.S.A. financed that war, selling arms to both sides at discount, in a hope they'd destroy each others economies.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm telling you, this "wiped off the map" phrase is

1) A translation error
2) Taken out of context

From wikipedia:

[ QUOTE ]

Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, translates the Persian phrase as:

The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).[10]

According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian" and "He did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."[11]

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) translates the phrase similarly:

[T]his regime that is occupying Qods [Jerusalem] must be eliminated from the pages of history.[12]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, read this speech from the supreme leader of Iran. Does it seem to you that he wants to attack Israel and kill the Jews?

http://www.khamenei.ir/EN/Speech/det...p?id=20051104A

[ QUOTE ]

We hold a fair and logical stance on the issue of Palestine. Several decades ago, Egyptian statesman Gamal Abdel Nasser, who was the most popular Arab personality, stated in his slogans that the Egyptians would throw the Jewish usurpers of Palestine into the sea. Some years later, Saddam Hussein, the most hated Arab figure, said that he would put half of the Palestinian land on fire. But we would not approve of either of these two remarks.

We believe, according to our Islamic principles, that neither throwing the Jews into the sea nor putting the Palestinian land on fire is logical and reasonable. Our position is that the Palestinian people should regain their rights. Palestine belongs to Palestinians, and the fate of Palestine should also be determined by the Palestinian people.

The issue of Palestine is a criterion for judging how truthful those claiming to support democracy and human rights are in their claims. The Islamic Republic of Iran has presented a fair and logical solution to this issue. We have suggested that all native Palestinians, whether they are Muslims, Christians or Jews, should be allowed to take part in a general referendum before the eyes of the world and decide on a Palestinian government. Any government that is the result of this referendum will be a legitimate government.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is a translation error. Given the nature of the other statements, it wouldn't be surprising were it not, though.

Khameini's speech does not seem as though he wants to attack Israel, but Ahmadinejad too often talks about being "logical and fair" or :just and reasonable", or some such...then he comes out with statements like "There are no homosexuals in Iran, like you have in your country". Some reasonable statements do not tell us what all else he might be thinking.

By the way, I don't think that Iran will be attacking Israel any time soon (if ever). I just think that because of the Iranian regime's beliefs (and authoritarian basis), it must not be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons. I think they would be fairly happy with genocide if they could get away with it, and that is too much to be allowed nukes, IMO. Note the mullah's regime's support for the genocidal Hamas and Hezbollah, for instance. It doesn't matter that they probably won't put it into action: no nukes for those who favor genocide. Their regime and their ideology is flawed and evil, and IMO should not be further empowered or made more threatening by the attainment of nuclear weapons.

Thanks for reading.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The U.S.A. financed that war, selling arms to both sides at discount, in a hope they'd destroy each others economies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I'd always assumed that this photo is a clever fake.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:32 PM

aren't there jews in iran?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:35 PM

My interpretation of Ahmadinejad's wish for Israel to disappear is that he wants the regime to disappear, in the same way as USSR, the shah or Iran fell. And "allow the Palestinian people to decide about its future for itself."

I will be quoting his speech at Columbia.

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/202820.php

[ QUOTE ]
What we say is that to solve the 60-year problem we must allow the Palestinian people to decide about its future for itself. This is compatible with the spirit of the Charter of the United Nations and the fundamental principles enshrined in it. We must allow Jewish Palestinians, Muslim Palestinians and Christian Palestinians to determine their own fate themselves through a free referendum. Whatever they choose as a nation everybody should accept and respect. Nobody should interfere in the affairs of the Palestinian nation. Nobody should sow the seeds of discord. Nobody should spend tens of billions of dollars equipping and arming one group there.
We say allow the Palestinian nation to decide its own future, to have the right to self-determination for itself. This is what we are saying as the Iranian nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for nuclear weapons, he has always claimed that he only wants civil nuclear power.

[ QUOTE ]

Making nuclear, chemical and biological bombs and weapons of mass destruction is yet another result of the misuse of science and research by the big powers.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

We do not believe in nuclear weapons, period. It goes against the whole grain of humanity.
I think the politicians who are after atomic bombs or are testing them, making them -- politically they are backward, retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also Iran is a signatory of the non proliferation treaty and hasn't violated it.

[ QUOTE ]
(wikipedia) The treaty is sometimes interpreted as having three pillars: non-proliferation, disarmament, and the right to peacefully use nuclear technology

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should let Iran build peaceful nuclear technology, while finding a way to watch over their activities.
Otherwise, why are we letting Egypt build a nuclear plant, why is France going to build a plant in Libya?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:45 PM

How is Iran any different from the U.S.? All states will inherently move towards evil because they exist solely to coerce. Why would you trust ANY state with Nukes?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is Iran any different from the U.S.? All states will inherently move towards evil because they exist solely to coerce. Why would you trust ANY state with Nukes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't entirely, but I'd trust the USA, England, France, Australia a whole lot more than I'd trust Iran. How about you, would you trust all states equally with nukes?