Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Flight connects in Qatar...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But, if you have a stamp from Isreal in your passport, I would be changing your tickets right now... you can't even stop in transit if you do.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Level?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]Interesting...I didn't know you couldn't go to a certain list of countries after going to Israel.

However, I would be extremely skeptical that airlines would not post a very blunt and direct warning about this if it were at all an issue on a particular itinerary. Airlines do NOT want their passengers to be denied entry to their desination countries.

And do immigration officers really check your passport for transit? Does that mean they would have two separate customs checks?
Old 09-22-2007, 01:51 AM

if you are in transit then no one is stamping your passport.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:44 AM

Thats a pretty long layover. If the airport is near downtown Doha you should go check it out. Doha's emerging as a Dubai junior of sorts. I have some Lebanese friends who work there, and they say it's not a bad scene. I'm sure there are some solid hotel bars at the least, and probably some other decent options as well. When's the next time your going to be in Qatar.

As far as safety concerns, I'm quite sure you have nothing to worry about.

Also, regarding the Israeli stamp, even if Qatar is on the list of countries that won't let you in with a stamp, transit won't be a problem because your not clearing customs. I think.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:30 AM

I know that America screens people in transit, because they've arrested at least a couple internet gambling execs who were flying from Europe to Central America and simply changed planes in New York.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that America screens people in transit, because they've arrested at least a couple internet gambling execs who were flying from Europe to Central America and simply changed planes in New York.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because yet again the USA is unlike the rest of the world. Nowhere else screens you if you are a transit passenger.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:19 PM

when we went from Atlanta-toyko-australia, we were screened and had our passports stamped. We were only in Toyoko for about 5 hours.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:38 AM

When I was in Cairo trying to find a flight to Beijing, I was told that I couldn't fly through certain countries (even in transit) if I had a Isreali stamp in my passport... this was from a travel agent.

I never ended up going to Isreal anyway.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not a level. Israelis aren't allowed into most Arab and Middle Eastern countries.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about Israelis. But Americans (or westerns in general) will only have a problem if they have an Israeli stamp in Lebanon and Syria. Maybe Iran, but idk. Qatar probably doesn't give a flying [censored] about Israel anyways.

BTW it is possible to get the Israelis to stamp a separate sheet or to get a new passport from an embassy to keep from getting such a black mark in your passport.

To say most nations do this is a gross overstatement.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not a level. Israelis aren't allowed into most Arab and Middle Eastern countries.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about Israelis. But Americans (or westerns in general) will only have a problem if they have an Israeli stamp in Lebanon and Syria.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the middle east the countries are: Iran, Lebanon, Saudi- Arabia, Syria, UAE and Yemen. I also believe there are some Afrian and Asian countries with the same restrictions, but i'm not sure.