Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: 10/25 Borgata, bluffed out for 6k :( :(

[ QUOTE ]
bld,

I obviously did not put him on QQ. I also did not put him on what he had obviously. I really put him on either 6-7 or 88. He wasn't bad enough to have made this move with Q8. This was a very loose game so it wasn't out of the question that he had a 7-x. Like I said, I believe I am correct in the idea that I should have check/callec

[/ QUOTE ]

you are very good at the hand reading, isn't it sick how they always seem to hit the board those lucky fish
Old 09-02-2007, 04:03 PM

theres noone in the world who can tell you if this laydown is correct or not, it depends on the opponent and table dynamics. check-calling turn and then facing a river push puts you in the same situation as betting the turn like you did so i dont think thats an better option.
it really seems that you are not aware of some pretty basic concepts, if you really want to improve your game i suggest you work on that first.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:25 PM

BNelly,

I play at the Borgata regularly. Who was the person who had 50K behind? and who was the UTG? If you know their names or can provide a description and can better analyze the hand based on their tendency.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:21 AM

i woulda snap cizzalled
Old 09-25-2007, 06:51 PM

How does UTG play?

Even without reads, most live players think AQ is the nuts here.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:22 PM

If you bet the turn, you gotta call. I woulda check called the turn. If the turn was check/check. I bet/call the river. If the turn was check/call, I evaluate on the river, probably bet/call, but its could change if you had a strong read.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does UTG play?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is just totally wrong - if a regular moves in w. AQ on that board given the action it's because he's already realized that AQ isn't good and turned it into a bluff, not for value. I do think that going into check-call mode would've been the best option, however once you call the turn you're committed to calling any relatively safe river, a lesson I've learned back in the day.

Kirk
Old 09-26-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does UTG play?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is just totally wrong - if a regular moves in w. AQ on that board given the action it's because he's already realized that AQ isn't good and turned it into a bluff, not for value. I do think that going into check-call mode would've been the best option, however once you call the turn you're committed to calling any relatively safe river, a lesson I've learned back in the day.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh...are you f'ing stupid?? why would you post if you dont know what you are talking about? you are basically saying that the guy with AQ would be putting his opponent on AA/KK or a set...and then hoping hed fold after he leads for 400 then 1000, and gets allin'd for 2 more on Q778 with a flush draw. there's a lot more points as to why you are wrong but i dont feel like discussing all that. trust me, he is not thinking "bluff" with AQ

think before you post.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:47 PM

uhhh... are you f'ing stupid?? why would you post if you don't know what you are talking about? blah blah blah blah blah. Think before you post. Or better yet, just don't post.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does UTG play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh...are you f'ing stupid?? why would you post if you dont know what you are talking about? you are basically saying that the guy with AQ would be putting his opponent on AA/KK or a set...and then hoping hed fold after he leads for 400 then 1000, and gets allin'd for 2 more on Q778 with a flush draw. there's a lot more points as to why you are wrong but i dont feel like discussing all that. trust me, he is not thinking "bluff" with AQ

think before you post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you need to at least make like 10 posts in BBV and THEN come here, you can't just create a gimmick account and instantly start trolling, way too obvious.

Kirk