Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you coldcall 2 raises in the big blind with 65s??
Always 2 2.70%
75% 2 2.70%
50% 4 5.41%
25% 10 13.51%
Never 37 50.00%
If I'm drunk 19 25.68%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 3)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, let him go for passes down the field if he's matched up on an LB. He can't be explosive if all you do is give him the ball 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage every down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And throw more designed screens w/ blockers. When they get him the ball, he's usually in the flat all by himself.

One thing I've found with the Eagles lately (inc last year) is that they throw a lot more designed screens to Westbrook, which generally gain 10+ yards, and a lot less swing passes into the flat with no blockers, which generally gain 2 yards.

It's fine to throw a swing pass as a check-down if no one is open, but the Saints seem to do it as a design. Those plays don't work.

EDIT: A good example is the long catch and run touchdown Westbrook scored this week. It was a designed screen where the center and BOTH guards got in front of Westbrook to block. The blocking convey provided enough interference that no one got a clean chance to takle Westbrook, he broke a couple of arm tackles and goodnight. The Saints need to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Westbrook has turned into one of my favorite players lately because of runs like that. He had no business scoring on that play, but he just willed it in there. I think we will still hear from Philly by the end of the year. As for Bush, I think he could benefit from lining up wide more often and catching quick hitters (ala Steve Smith) and slants where he can get some open field. Obv he can't line up wide anymore this year, since the Deuce is on the shelf, but I just don't think he can affect a game from the backfield as much as he could if he was split out wide. This would also open up the reverse and all the variations of play action and dives that come with that.