Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 06:08 AM

Default .02/.04 NL PF Flop questions 89s, implied odds?

Hero is UTG+1 w/ 8c9c sitting with 8$ Game is 6/9 players

UTG (a lag who standardly opens for .20, overvalues hands and has a big stack) open raises for .40
at this point I am nearly positve they have a big pair based on the oversized raise UTG, they've raised countless times but never .40 UTG. I am also sure that if i make my hand i can get all in and paid off.

Hero Cold Calls raise it goes heads up to the flop

Flop comes 2c6c9d
UTG Checks
Hero Bets pot
UTG Mini raises
Hero Shoves

Question 1- assuming my read is accurate and I will stack them if i slam the flop am I getting the proper implied odds to make this call with a .40cent raise when I have 8$ and they have me covered?

Question 2- Given the flop that came and with UTG checking is my line good with this flop (note when i bet the flop i was banking on a raise so i could shove)? Would it be better to take a free card then dump a bad turn?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: .02/.04 NL PF Flop questions 89s, implied odds?

IMO you should be folding, b/c you can get squeezed easily by a raise in later position. Also, cold calling really narrows your range down (IMO), unless our regularly call IP w/ these medium strength hands.

1. I dont know the maths of you hitting your hand, I am guessing you have the odds b/c it is only 1/20th of your stack, and IMO you will connect hard enough on 1/20th of the flops to make it it +EV. (IMO you cant calculate turn and river, b/c you are gunna be determening the fate of the hand on flop, its not gunna be checked to you IMO) This is only if you think he is gunna go broke w/ his hand, not if you think he is folding (which he will be IMO). Overall, I think it is very borderline, and a better play would be to fold.

2. Your hand is almost ahead of like everything you put him on. Now I am guessing you are beat ATM, but your outs prolly push it to like 52/48 in your favor. C/R, IDK, maybe hes a donkey, that dosnt really mean anything IMO.

I think if you check, you are handing him the pot, b/c he will likely bet turn, and you will likley miss your outs, thus you will fold. Dont, lest this happen, donk it off w/ the draw like you do here, I know I sure as hell would.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: .02/.04 NL PF Flop questions 89s, implied odds?

[ QUOTE ]
IMO you should be folding, b/c you can get squeezed easily by a raise in later position. Also, cold calling really narrows your range down (IMO), unless our regularly call IP w/ these medium strength hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wasn't worried about getting squezzed bc it was a very passive .02/.04cent game if i'm getting squezzed here its going to be AAvsKK in the pot when I fold.

The guy did in fact have KK the money went in and I couldn't pull through. I was just wondering if people like to push that small of an edge when you are like 52-48 favorite?