Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: 360 Woes (help needed)

I strongly suggest Marvel Ultimate Alliance as an RPG. Huge amount of playable superheroes all with unique superpowers. You play as a party of 4 (out of about 20-30 depending on how many are locked) and can switch out team members at every save point.

The animations are amazing, and really make the game. Lots of very cool moves that are easy to pull off thanks to an intuitive control scheme. The story is also pretty good in it, if a little over the top.

My one qualm with it is that there is some poor level design where your not too sure where to go or what to do. However, this game is so fun that it greatly outweighs that.

All of the tedious parts of RPGs that I don't like are taken out. You gain health and energy (mana) by killing enemies or breaking open crates. There is no inventory management, although you can still pick up equipment for boosts. You don't need to worry about what sword or shield you are carrying, since all weapons and powers are inherent to a certain superhero.

The single player campaign will probably last about 15-20 hours, but there is huge replayability in it. You can go through again with different people for a completely different experience.

There are also "simulator missions" which are on disks scattered throughout the levels. These function as mini-missions outside of the main storyline that put you in control of a single superhero fighting a significant battle that he or she has fought in the comics. This definetely adds a lot of hours of playtime since there is a disk for every hero, plus some for fighting certain supervillains as any hero.

It's been out for a while now so you should be able to pick it up pretty cheap. I picked it up about 2 weeks ago for $40 CDN, so you can probably get it for $30.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:34 AM

Also, it should be noted that there is a significant RPG element to Bioshock. Lots of powers to get and skills to upgrade.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:37 AM

Also, check out Crack Down for sure. It's a free roaming third person game like GTA, but you're basically a super-cop of sorts. You collect various orbs throughout the world to increase your powers / upgrade your cars / etc. By the end of the game you can leap between sky scrapers, lift/throw dump trucks, have an SUV that can climb buildings, etc. The fighting is also pretty novel with a 'timed' lock-on system and body part damage. So you can lock onto somebody's torso and just do damage, but wait a little longer and you can shoot their leg sending them down, wait even longer and go for a headshot, etc.. Kind of hard to describe, but it's alot of fun. Yet again, check out the demo.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:22 AM

Sounds like I need to fire up Live.

OK, so last night I get my 360, Halo and Tenchu (I liked the original and this was on sale so I figured why not give it a try). I fire up my 360 and try to migrate my old Live account to the 360 Gold account. I put in all my info and accept the user agreement when on the last step it tells me that Live Signup is down and to try again later. I tried a few hours later w/ the same results. Has this happened to anyone else?

One last thing. Halo 3 Local Co-op. WTF!!!! It puts it in 4:3 w/ no option of side by side. So I had to play it w/ black bars on each side effectively taking 1/3 of my screen away. Anyone know why this is, if they plan to fix it, or if someone knows a fix so I can play 2 player on my widescreen w/out the bars?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try those out, I definitely want to try blue dragon.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:18 PM

Never had that issue with the signups. Have you tried creating a new account to see if that works? Just select silver. You should get a free 3 month gold trial - you get 3 per xbox. Something that's not really advertised. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never had that issue with the signups. Have you tried creating a new account to see if that works? Just select silver. You should get a free 3 month gold trial - you get 3 per xbox. Something that's not really advertised. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's what I'm going to try to do if it doesn't work tonight. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this work?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:36 PM

Just sign up a new regular account. When at the end it asks for you pick silver/yearly gold/etc just pick silver. After you finish creating the account it'll give you a popup that the account has been upgraded.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:59 PM

splinter cell double agent if you like 3rd person stealth action i would also pick up splinter cell chaos theory, one of the best games to come out on original xbox and its graphics a quite nice considering previous gen, command and conquer if you like rts, tomb raider legend
Old 09-27-2007, 08:47 PM

Crackdown sucks, imo. Graphics are garbage and really wasn't much fun after about 1 hr playing.

I would recommend Gears of War, as I always do, lol. You have to give yourself some time to get good because at first it won't be fun getting your ass handed to you. But once you start destroying people, you'll understand what all the hype is about.

Also, Splinter Cell is a good pick as well. A little bit slower paced but if you're looking for a game that takes a long time to finish, play this on the hardest difficulty and you'll get your monies worth for sure. Online multiplayer sucks, but the story mode makes it worth getting.