Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Big Leak vs Loose Players

Against a station you have to play exploitatively not optimally. Table position on the donk, Table texture, are number of tables you are playing are all things I consider when dealing with a station.
If the station is to my right (1 or 2 seats) and I'm in decent position I like to raise his limps in order to isolate in position. The position I do this from depends on other players who may have limped in front and how likely a good player to my left is repop my isolation attempt. Now obviously this is harder to do when you are 12-tabling as opposed to 3-tabling. My recommendation would be to play a session on a few tables being mindful of playing exploitatively not optimally all the while remembering that it's not the number of pots you win it's the amount of money you win.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just be patient and tighten up. You'll get them sooner or later.

[/ QUOTE ]

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha this is what I was thinking too.

Against these guys I loosen up a lot and try to see a flop cheaply and then bet/bet/bet when I hit a good flop (2 pair or better generally).
Old 09-25-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just be patient and tighten up. You'll get them sooner or later.

[/ QUOTE ]

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm ok, how is this any different than CMAR's advice? And NIT grouchie? You've got to be kidding me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you're tightening up against the fish, then who are you playing pots against?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:41 PM

Play more pots with loose players (limping behind with god multi-way hands).

Value bet when you hit.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:14 PM

Until recently I played loose players tight but I have recently improved my play against crappy people a lot.
You have to be able to get in there and outplay the people who you can actually outplay, not just outwait.
I was afraid that I couldn't read their hands b/c they could have absolutely anything, so my strategy was to just play the most ABC tight/aggressive poker possible and wait for the odds to benefit me.
With exceptions, many overly loose players are not complete idiots. They play too many hands and they don't have well developed poker skills, but they operate under the same principles an average player does.

When you have a hand, play it aggressively. Loose players pissed me off b/c they sucked out on me a lot, so I try and force them to pay up the pooper to do it.

Oh yeah, and don't make huge valuebet calls when they back into something if they aren't aggressive. Very loose does not necessarily mean very aggressive/likely to bluff.

And be sure to watch for posts from SABR. He seems to post fairly often about "soul reading" situations against bad players, and I have learned a lot from these about donkey hand reading
Old 09-25-2007, 10:16 PM

unless theyre sick loose then I don't change anything except I vbet them thinner and call them lighter postflop without messing around with really marginal hands preflop