Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: 25-50 6 max deep stacks on Stars

Daniel,

The Empty Seat boxes in cash games are really a pain. I know quite a few 2p2ers have complained about the setup, and I can't imagine anyone actually missing them if they were gone.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:41 PM

Hey guys, like ANSKY said, this is a golden opportunity to help make changes. Anyone who doesn't play as high as 25/50 please do not comment, because your clogging a very valuable opportunity for the site to cator to its true clientelle. The extra rake at the higher levels makes up for the fact that there may be less players there, and lower limit players on the site come and go, but the 100/200 guys remain a steady stream of income. Thanks Ansky for calling out all the "railbirds and retards," suggesting things like Chinese poker, Badugi, or ideas for contributions to charity, because none of us wants to waste these ideas when we could have deepstacked heads up 100/200 tables instead.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:44 PM

I would like it if there was some sort of "advanced user" option where I could turn off annoying things I have to click. Like I don't need to be told every time I rebuy that my money wont be available until the start of the next hand, I don't need to be told Im joining a fast table, or that I have no disconnect protection. It would also be cool if I could set the default buy in for when I join a table, so that it automatically buys me in for X dollars when I sit, so I don't have to type it in or click anything other than "ok"
Old 09-25-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Make the chip, card, and warning sounds less harsh.

[/ QUOTE ]
As Daniel said you can change the sounds in the Options menu.

I created a smoother version of the warning sound, snd7_smooth.wav. If the file opens in a media player, right click and "Save as".

Let me know if it's good and what could be changed. After all it's a warning sounds so it still got a kind of "warning message". I'll also do the other sounds on request if the response is good.

The sounds are btw located in C:\Program Files\PokerStars\Snd
Old 09-25-2007, 08:50 PM

Good news, tables have been deployed!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Make the chip, card, and warning sounds less harsh.

[/ QUOTE ]
As Daniel said you can change the sounds in the Options menu.

I created a smoother version of the warning sound, snd7_smooth.wav. If the file opens in a media player, right click and "Save as".

Let me know if it's good and what could be changed. After all it's a warning sounds so it still got a kind of "warning message". I'll also do the other sounds on request if the response is good.

The sounds are btw located in C:\Program Files\PokerStars\Snd

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this really is better
Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, like ANSKY said, this is a golden opportunity to help make changes. Anyone who doesn't play as high as 25/50 please do not comment, because your clogging a very valuable opportunity for the site to cator to its true clientelle. The extra rake at the higher levels makes up for the fact that there may be less players there, and lower limit players on the site come and go, but the 100/200 guys remain a steady stream of income. Thanks Ansky for calling out all the "railbirds and retards," suggesting things like Chinese poker, Badugi, or ideas for contributions to charity, because none of us wants to waste these ideas when we could have deepstacked heads up 100/200 tables instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't said anything dumb, but i don't care, people have just as much right to post in this forum as you. it doesn't matter the subject. if you don't enjoy reading a certain user's posts, put them on ignore. get over yourself you [censored] douche
Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 PM

Half spread-limit badugi quadruple draw with a 2/3 kill and straddling allowed BEHIND the button only with double antes and 5 seconds to act on each draw.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:01 PM

Please please please allow other games than just holdem to have headsup tables... especially omaha hi/lo.

I find there's a large number of players that want to strictly play heads up, and others that only play 3+.

What ends up happening is that two players that want to play headsup start a new table, get to play like 5 hands, and then have someone join them. They'll leave and start a new table, only to experience the same thing (usually by the same person that joined before). And it happens over and over.

HU O8 tables plz!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-When someone runs out of time, make them check rather than fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

this should be stars #1 priority imo

Also, I'm glad to see named pros discussing stuff etc. A+ work Daniel and Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is a bad idea the only thing you have to do is press the bet button to win the hand.
If you check it should go on instantcheck and people will start faking this by (almost) timing out PF and instachecking the flop wich will have nothing to do with poker strategy and is just a waste of time imo.

And if you time out PF do they fill your timebank again on the flop?
It should because why see a flop when you have no time to decide, so you would have to fill the timebank again on every street wich is of course retarded and would kill the games.(even a bigger waste of time)

If your not there you should not be in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok then just on limit tables where you don't have a time bank.