Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Duplicate Poker?

I apologize - my bad. It was probably just the fact that I had tried out Duplicate an hour before writing the post and was very annoyed with the fact that we had to wait for each table to finish before getting to go forward with a hand, thus automatically inculcated that it is to avoid collusion and in result of this, no collusion is possible.

Of course indiana and mbpoker are actually right and collusion is very easy to happen.

Sorry again for my previous post.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Duplicate Poker?

[ QUOTE ]
What if the sessions were longer? Would that make the game more skill based do you think? Is the problem with the whole idea or just in the execution of the idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I think it's with the idea in general. Aside from the good points made regarding collusion, duplicate poker is missing many of the elements of poker that make it "a people game played with cards." While you might get a good read on someone at your table based on their betting patterns and other online "tells," in the end, the opponents who matter are unseen somewhere else. You can play the best game possible against every player at your table, but your opponents might crush you because they're at a table full of donkeys. You have no control, strategy, or defense against this central element of duplicate poker, and it really kills the game's potential, IMO.