Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: help me find a fold

am i the only person who noticed that the HH looks doctored? hero's actions dont appear in red if he checks in any converter i've ever seen.

also, there is a lot of bad advice in this thread. as the hand played out, i would be like 90% sure i had the best hand. turn is a definite bet, river almost definitely a c/c in my opinion.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is he bluff raising on the river, and what would he raise for value on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you check the turn and bet fold the river often. A good player is going to adjust to this and push you off lots of your one pair hands on the river with a very wide range of hands, second pair, weak TP, missed draws, etc.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
am i the only person who noticed that the HH looks doctored? hero's actions dont appear in red if he checks in any converter i've ever seen.

also, there is a lot of bad advice in this thread. as the hand played out, i would be like 90% sure i had the best hand. turn is a definite bet, river almost definitely a c/c in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
CSI style. You must dominate murder mystery dinners and be a 2 time “eye spy” World Champion.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:22 PM

We are agains't a 13/9 uber nit who in my opinion has a failry well defined range, I don't know if I would be worried about getting bluff-raised here. And with hero's image villian would have to be on a fairly elaborate bluff to bother bluff raising here, most of his hands have good SD.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is he bluff raising on the river, and what would he raise for value on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you check the turn and bet fold the river often. A good player is going to adjust to this and push you off lots of your one pair hands on the river with a very wide range of hands, second pair, weak TP, missed draws, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't usually find these players at 200NL and they definitely don't play 13/9.

I just bet the river again if he thinks ur bluffy he's not folding AQ/AJ
Old 09-25-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't usually find these players at 200NL and they definitely don't play 13/9.

I just bet the river again if he thinks ur bluffy he's not folding AQ/AJ

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, I was just making a general statement about checking the turn followed by a bet/fold river line. I should have made that more clear.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:33 PM

I think the hand is played well, especially if he gives you little credit, then extract the most value you can. I agree to c/c river, as any kind of bet from you, only gets a raise from a hand beating you. His betting range is way wider than his raising range, therefore better value in a c/c on river.

I really believe he could be calling thin, despite your utg raise with your image against him. The way it is played, i see you ahead of the majority of his range.

I could also make a case of check-shoving river for value (feedback please?!?), as i believe you are best well over 60% of the times, and you will get a crying call from his overplayed ace, as he is committed by his river bet. I realise he is a tight player, but it seems you know each other well, and he could be giving you way too little credit...
Old 09-25-2007, 05:36 PM

turn is clearly a bet. River is a c/c if villian's river AF is high, and a bet if his river AF is low.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:02 PM

POW, you bring up that he is more likely to bet than raise. While this is true, you are forgetting to compare villain's betting with worse hands vs his calling with worse hands, since we all agree if he raises, hero is beat. I would say he is very unlikely to vbet his pocket pairs and only somewhat likely to vbet AQ or AJ. Given our hero's image, villain is probably way more likely to call down light.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope its not a problem. In the actual hand, I potted the river, he called. I didnt think hed bet AQ ever, I didnt think he had a flushdraw or that he would bluff it, but i thought my image was really bluffy and that he would certainly call with AQ. Wanted to rethink that whole thought process vs a 13/9 though.