Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Banning shortstackers

[ QUOTE ]
Wow CMI, you're really getting owned by this guy. If I were you I'd just lay low for awhile to save face.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think you get how much I dont want to stop believing
Old 09-25-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Special,

From the late '70s to the mid-'80s, few rock acts permeated the music scene as did Journey. Whether by choice or through involuntary osmosis, you know their music--an extensive catalog of chart-topping power ballads and party-pop that helped define a decade.

Formed in 1973 in San Francisco, Journey began as a meandering jazz-rock outfit featuring two former members of Santana, guitarist Neal Schon and keyboardist Gregg Rolie. The group floundered through three largely ignored albums, prompting a change of direction signaled by the introduction of vocalist Steve Perry. In 1978, the new-look Journey debuted with Infinity, which went platinum on the strength of two hit singles that served as a blueprint for their two-pronged attack. "Wheel In The Sky" was a thumping anthem that showcased Perry's soaring tenor and Schon's driving riffs, while the San Francisco ode "Lights" was the first in a long series of sentimental senior prom ballads that helped make cigarette lighters a necessity at Journey's concerts.

Journey cranked out hit after hit over the next several years, playing packed arenas around the world. Their commercial peak came with 1981's Escape, which featured "Don't Stop Believin'," "Open Arms," and "Stone In Love" and sold a whopping 9 million copies. Perry took time off to record a successful solo album, Street Talk, in 1983, but when he returned, the band was overcome by power struggles and infighting. Things began to disintegrate, and by the time they recorded Raised On Radio in 1986, all that remained of Journey were Perry, Schon, and keyboardist Jonathan Cain, formerly of the Babys, who replaced Rolie in 1980. Journey disbanded until 1996, when they mounted a comeback with Trial By Fire, which stuck to virtually the same sound of a decade earlier and, mercifully, featured no techno remixes of their '80s hits. In recent years, Journey has sustained itself mostly as a highly lucrative classic-rock oldies road show, and while Perry is no longer in the fold, soundalike vocalist Steve Augeri, fulfilling what seems to have been a lifelong ambition, keeps Journey's hard-pop aesthetic alive and well.

While Escape was Journey's biggest seller, the albums leading up to it, with their lingering traces of the Santana connection, better stand the test of time, particularly Infinity and Evolution. Their 1988 Greatest Hits package has sold over 10 million copies.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+++ would read again.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Special,

Is it because of the global warmings? Is it because there is a Mexican Southerner Spaniard German Japanese Russian Korean Vietnamese Arab under your bed? Is it because of spam in your mailbox?

Please, tell me: why can't you be free?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's very amusing. Your point?

[/ QUOTE ]

In your mind, how do you think you are doing in this exchange?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My OP is more of a wondering if there is a license to ban shortstackers now. It's a small, hated strategy. I know it bothers many players. However, I would think that stinkypete is a widely accepted member of the community and it was a little harsh to ban him, even if it was only 24 hour, when his post was on-point though could be interpreted as trollish.
If someone as valuable as pete could be banned, what chance does a moran like me stand if the forums are being culled of shortstackers?

I understand the hate for shorties, but banning them thinly does bother me. It bothered me so much that I decided to be the drama queen and stir the pot. I've noticed the hate for shorties building and building to the point of irrationality IMO. It seems odd that an internet forum from a publishing company based on gambling with an edge would start to have a witchhunt on shorties.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're allowed to make this kind of post here in ATF - All rational and logical like.

You're right, shorties do take a lot of unfair heat. And since you've pointed that out I'm trying to curb that as well. However, I seem to be damned if I do damned if I don't. If I let people flame shorties with impunity, there's a witchunt going on. If I ask people to cool it on shorty bashing, the forum is jumping the shark.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd make up your mind.

There is no withchunt. As I've said repeatedly, and as you've ignored repeatedly, if there was I'd already have trumped up an excuse to ban you. Hell, the other principal mod of the forum is a semi-regular short stacker. Your wonderings make no sense.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Special,

Is it because of the global warmings? Is it because there is a Mexican Southerner Spaniard German Japanese Russian Korean Vietnamese Arab under your bed? Is it because of spam in your mailbox?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In your mind, how do you think you are doing in this exchange?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thank you for taking the interest. In terms of my original question "wow, do you think you're a lawyer or something, after all it's a temp ban shall we not start writing out our lawsuits?", well, perhaps we'll come to it. What do you think?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Special,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you have to ask what his point is proves his point.

DUCY? (probably not)

[/ QUOTE ]

No, spell it out for me. Like I'm a five year old.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:44 PM

SCHON SCHON SCHON
Old 09-25-2007, 03:51 PM

Rock guitar icon Neal Schon, Journey lead guitarist and accomplished in his own right, has put his personal touches on the new Neal Schon Signature Les Paul guitar from Gibson Custom.

The new model features such personal Schon touches as a Floyd Rose tremolo unit, a dramatically sculpted neck/body joint for easier upper fret access, and a Fernandes Sustainer pickup for the screaming lead parts he is famous for.

The Neal Schon Signature Les Paul model has a carved mahogany top, mahogany back, multi-ply black/white binding on top, chrome-plated hardware and a Floyd Rose tremolo. The one-piece mahogany neck has a scarfed heel joint a “Schon custom” slim-taper neck profile. The 22-fret ebony fingerboard features pearl split-diamond inlays and single-ply white binding. The pickups are a DiMarzio Fast Track/Fernandes Sustainer in the neck position and a Gibson BurstBucker® Pro in the bridge position. In addition to the standard Les Paul electronics (individual pickup volume and tone controls, plus three-way selector switch), the Schon Signature features two mini-toggles—an on/off for the Sustainer and an octave effect—along with a push/pull pot for midrange cut.

For pricing, photos and more information, visit Gibson’s website at www.gibson.com.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tone appeared trollish

value....more than any of the other posts in the thread

specifics.....never going to happen

I recall apathy or ansky (sorry...sometimes they get confuzzled in my head) posting once that they had an article all ready to go on how to beat shortstacks but decided not to post it as it would detail what good shortstack play is.
The same problem is inherent in responding to the original thread in question.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was me yeah, honestly the regulars just really need to study the shortstacks ranges (some of them play very different) and 20bb poker so you can make it less profitable for them.

Even when Im sitting with 300bbs im playing better 20bb poker then most of them even given the fact I am playing 100bb or more effective with other players still to act.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you assume that I assumed otherwise?

Your move punk.

[/ QUOTE ]
You've been pretty retarded in both ATF threads I've seen you post in. Are you like this all the time?