Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Decent Online News Article

[ QUOTE ]
aaaanndd why should I feel any safer on FTP or PS?

[/ QUOTE ]
I’m not a fan of FTP’s botched responses to the bot and account hacking scandals, but I think it’s safe to assume that at least the holecard security controls were designed better at FTP and PS than at Absolute. The root of the problem at Absolute is crappy process design. The crappy customer service just adds fuel to the fire.

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think its in abso's best interest for this to continue

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I’m sure they’re motivated by all the business they’ve lost due to this issue.

[ QUOTE ]
and if they were doing it before.... fine w/e. As long as I'm running at 6ptbb/100 and DOUBLEDRAG [censored] doesn't happen again, I'll be fine with that.

Frankly, I don't give a [censored] if they are cheating, as long as I'm making 30-50k a month.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, gl with all that.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:42 PM

OK, ikestoys, I really have nothing against you and don't want to get in a pissing match. I'm done.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:49 PM

No please. Love the pissing matches. More more more. I need more details on who offended whom and why. This is relevant to my interests.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Could you please explain why certain key stats are missing?
2) Why do you think that the stats are dependent on each other?
3) How do you like modelling this case, what assumptions to you use and what model would you like to use?
4) You want us to believe this guy isn´t cheating, he plays an extrem maniac style of poker and his chipdumping can be explained because of his high SD. Is this correct?
5) How can you assume that a TAG grinder could show winning stats similar to this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

1)To be able to model river play I need to know how often he saw river.
2)Do you think the stats are independent? Is SD of winnings independent of vpip and river agression?
3)I'm not sure yet. I was just trying to figure out a simple model to test the probability of this guys river play.
4)I dont want you to beleive this guy isn't cheating. I'm trying to figure that out myself. However, I do try to provide better estimates than the ones that has been flying around in this thread and probably convinced half the poker world that he must have been cheating because it is one chance in 10^20 or at least one in a billion he didn't.
5) Read again. I didn't assume a TAG could show these winning stats, I said that that would be very suspicios.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Is correct. You have to know how often he saw the river. Is it not possible to determine this number on the basis of the sample you have? It would be certainly much better to have a complete overview and not a certain sample. This is the reason why I ask Absolute to support the clearing up of this case.

2) Ok now I understand you. The SD is certainly to a certain degree dependent of vpip and river aggression. But what is the insight gain if you know the degree of depentency?

3) I think this is a very academic problem to find a simple model which could help you to test the probability of this guys river play. I think a sniff-test made by experienced poker players is the best first approach. Further tests can be made, if you have a complete overview.

If have another problem in this respect. I have the feeling that Absolute has punished me with a doomswitch since I started to post in this thread. I have a serial of approx. 30 hands which I played during SNGs and where I had alwas only the second or third best cards although I played very tight and with good hands. Do you have any idea how I can prove that Absolute is not cheating in this case. I contemplate about an easy model how I can prove that Absolute is not cheating. If I would use such an easy model I would say Absolute is cheating, but I do not believe that. Do you have any idea what easy model I should use in such a case? I want to be 100% sure that the result of the test is correct. If Absolute reads these lines I think I cannot prove anything. But perhaps other poker players made the same experience. Whould you accept such independent samples then as an evidence that Absolute is cheating?

4) I would like to help you to provide better estimates if I had a better overview. Since Absolute does not support the clearing up, your only chance is to read and analyse all threads about this subject with approx. 300 pages and a lot of PT snippets where you do not know whether this is a true random sample. Perhaps adanthar can provide you with additional information and stats.

5) If have read all 300 pages and found a lot of examples which look more than suspicios.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Latest cliffsnotes on Absolute soulreading.

This thread is really starting to suck.

By the way, if you google "Absolute Poker Cheating" you will see that the "story" is starting to show up on more and more poker-related sites. First 2 or 3 pages of the google search are for the most part variations of the story.

Yet still no change in amount of traffic at Absolute?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, so you know a crime was committed, yet you refuse to report it.

Okay.

[/ QUOTE ]
God damn do you just troll the [censored] out of every thread you post in or what

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a troll nerd. Why hasn't anyone reported this to the authorities, like Josem suggested?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, stop whining and go ahead and report it yourself. Let us know how it goes.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not a troll nerd.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks for proving my point
Old 09-25-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, so you know a crime was committed, yet you refuse to report it.

Okay.

[/ QUOTE ]
God damn do you just troll the [censored] out of every thread you post in or what

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a troll nerd. Why hasn't anyone reported this to the authorities, like Josem suggested?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, stop whining and go ahead and report it yourself. Let us know how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLZ....why would I report it? My point is, even if online poker is rigged and steals ur monies the retards will still play there and defend it.

Funny, the hours and hours people dedicated to these AP rigged threads and no one ever did anything about it...lol
Old 09-25-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not a troll nerd.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks for proving my point

[/ QUOTE ]

What point? That ur a fat slob that runs with the nerd herd?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is really starting to suck.

By the way, if you google "Absolute Poker Cheating" you will see that the "story" is starting to show up on more and more poker-related sites. First 2 or 3 pages of the google search are for the most part variations of the story.

Yet still no change in amount of traffic at Absolute?

[/ QUOTE ]

Recreational players don't know how to differentiate legitimate rigged theories from "omg i lost a hand this site is rigged" rants from nobodies.

I play, because ive noticed nothing suspicious happening in the games i play. If i found something peculiar or my results became significantly worse than they have been historically over a sustained period of time, I'd find somewhere else to play. But that hasnt happened yet. And it's still a better choice than something like stars or fulltilt in my opinion. If people here disagree, even better.

If my regular games were 50/100+, i would likely take my action elsewhere.

Looking through pokertracker in the won from / lost section under misclenaeous, there is nothing at all irregular for the past month (30,000 hands). The players i have lost most to are a combination of people i know personally who have played professionally there a long time, and some of the biggest losers as of late.