Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/24) (Spoilers in Thread to come?)

ok normally i am a fan of Daniel Negreanu, but what was deal with his talk when Gold bluffed out elezra on that hand? He had a little whisper with Phil helmuth and then announced "maybe i should just play every hand since i know it all" or something to that effect. Are you serious DN??

You get the feeling he has a lack of respect for Gold which im sure some of the other players share. Now I am not Golds biggest fan either but he is def growing on me. I think some of the plays he made in this ep and the last one have been great!

Re Harman - deadset super boring to watch this series. Although i remember in series 2 she was like this for a few episodes before totally opening up and pwning Antonio. Hopefully in the next few episodes she uses her tight image and starts making some plays!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:42 AM

worst episode ever. seeing farha donking off the chips in the dark and playing all kinds of hands was atrocious. the quality of play is similar to any playmoney table. i think he plays different in the bellagio. he is just acting fishy to get more donators into the big game.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:45 AM

Dont you guys think farha is putting out a few hundred K in seed money to advertise so he gets plenty more high stakes action in the future?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:06 AM

BORRRRR----RING! Bring back or get some of the new players with a little personality.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:15 AM

flaws of mike baxter:

calling a utg hellmuth raise w/ J10os oop (yeah, what's he beating there except 7-2. implied odds w/ J10os is really massive there.)

calling a reraise from phil laak w/ A10s (yeah, phil laak is really a stack magnet when hitting flushes.

flop raising TPGK against phil laak w/ A10 in position. what's the read on that? was he bluffing AJ+, value raising 99-KK, protecting his hand from a nonexisting flush draw?

calling a flop c/r and two more barrels from mike matusow w/ TPTK. not the easiest fold ever, still it's an easy fold.

limping K3os, no need to explain this one.

100% sure sammy is raising blind yet only calling A9 on the button. pls, how often is sammy not betting this flop and how often is baxter floating this flop.

telling sammy "you probaly got me, i call(40k+ more)", that's not a good sign.

read on mike baxter: never folding J10+ to a single raise from anyone in any position. fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish!

still, pretty sure he owns the table in finance. anyone not picking this guy over phil ivey for a mentor as an investment is obviously an idiot.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:19 AM

Don't know the guy, but from observing him in HSP games and only MO, S Mike is a nice addition to the table....has a great math mind, nice guy, and an intuitive feel for the game. I do prefer to watch guys that are all this and more. Passion is a pre-requisite for me.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:28 AM

I'm not sure if the last 10 posts are all leveling, or just that the most advanced analysis on Televised Poker is "silent Mike is up, he's a great player".
Old 09-25-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if the last 10 posts are all leveling, or just that the most advanced analysis on Televised Poker is "silent Mike is up, he's a great player".

[/ QUOTE ]

Fact : Silent Mike is a great addition to the show because he just plays and scoops em up. He doesn't have to talk crap back to others when he takes their money. We all knew Hellmuth would say crap but Sammy?

Whether he's the greatest or a donk I don't know. I think he's playing very well. But I would think if Sammy had AK and SM called with A9 he'd be called a donk. Did he have a read, was he going by the fact that Sammy raised PF blind, does his cigar tell him what to do?

Who friggin knows but the guy seems to make some tough decisions that, so far, have turned out to be correct.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:09 AM

Farha is a camera whore and I'm sick to death of watching his antics.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:43 AM

I said it last season and Ill say it again -- running it twice shouldn't be allowed, it just makes horrible, horrible tv and it's not like they wouldn't be able to get tons of players willing to play if they had a rule against it.

Maybe that's what it's like in the big games, but it doesn't work on screen. Just like the prop betting they were doing a couple of seasons back, getting rid of that was great for the show.