Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: 400nl- Draw Multiway 3bet pot

[ QUOTE ]
don't shove draws with no fold equity

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero has 48% equity against AA-QQ, and there's $120 in the pot before the flop action. You can't argue a shove is -EV, although you can certainly argue calling is more +EV.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no offense, because im sure you think you played this hand well, but you didnt.
1) dont raise garage preflop when you are oop and a shortstack can shove on top of your open. this is called incinerating money

2) dont call preflop when it gets back to you. the reverse implied odds of your hand are fairly high and theres really no reason to call if you put sb on JJ+, AK, since last i checked, k8s doesnt fare especially well against this range. you also dont really have a ton of implied odds due to protected pot / dry sidepot

3) flop is horrible. since im sure you dont bother to balance your game, this line is going to scream draw. in fact, who would ever take this line with anything other than a draw? due to this overbet shove, SB is not going to fold any part of his range which now consists of JJ+ according to you. this is expert. we've now decided to flip a coin for 400 with a bit of an overlay, for no reason.

Realistically, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why you are suggesting to fold preflop when it comes back. Odds are overwhelming esp with position on the coldcaller whose range is well defined.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
don't shove draws with no fold equity

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero has 48% equity against AA-QQ, and there's $120 in the pot before the flop action. You can't argue a shove is -EV, although you can certainly argue calling is more +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-25-2007, 06:46 AM

Assuming I got in this spot I'd always call the flop. Without cruching any numbers or fiddling about, pushing seems way worse to me. You do have some fold equity, obv, but probably not enough.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:59 AM

Don't open UTG with K8s. I'd just call flop and see what develops btw. I'd say villain is often quite strong here; will lead overpairs and sets quite a bit because still a juicy sidepot. This is sorta spewy, along with ur open UTG.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) dont raise garage preflop when you are oop and a shortstack can shove on top of your open. this is called incinerating money

2) dont call preflop when it gets back to you. the reverse implied odds of your hand are fairly high and theres really no reason to call if you put sb on JJ+, AK, since last i checked, k8s doesnt fare especially well against this range. you also dont really have a ton of implied odds due to protected pot / dry sidepot

3) flop is horrible. since im sure you dont bother to balance your game, this line is going to scream draw. in fact, who would ever take this line with anything other than a draw? due to this overbet shove, SB is not going to fold any part of his range which now consists of JJ+ according to you. this is expert. we've now decided to flip a coin for 400 with a bit of an overlay, for no reason.

Realistically, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible advice, especially (3).
Old 09-25-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Realistically, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible advice, especially (3).

[/ QUOTE ]

(2) is good advice, its a protected pot.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:05 AM

We are getting 6:1 in position and the fact that it`s a protected pot may well work in our favour as villain should be playing very straightforward post. Of course we call.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We are getting 6:1 in position and the fact that it`s a protected pot may well work in our favour as villain should be playing very straightforward post. Of course we call.

[/ QUOTE ]
We're actually not even getting 4:1.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
We're actually not even getting 4:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um yea. Shame on me. Still I`m calling.