Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 05:54 AM

Default Re: The good guys

[ QUOTE ]
suffice to say, i do not agree with this. I can think of pretty justifiable real politick reasons for Iraq, Korea, Vietnam

[/ QUOTE ]

Since those were not wins for the US, there would be some real politick losses to the US? What are they? And what could they have contributed, to the world if they had been outright wins?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:17 AM

Default Re: The good guys

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
suffice to say, i do not agree with this. I can think of pretty justifiable real politick reasons for Iraq, Korea, Vietnam

[/ QUOTE ]

Since those were not wins for the US, there would be some real politick losses to the US? What are they? And what could they have contributed, to the world if they had been outright wins?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not as dichotomous as wins/losses there are many people who think that America's intervention in Korea and Vietnam were integral in the eventual defeat of communism.

We've sparked stuff in the middle east. While i think Iraq is a horrible [censored] storm i bet there is a greater chance that iraq will be a true democracy twenty years from now than if we hadn't gone in. I don't think this is worth it, but one could very easily argue that even a slight chance of democracy spreading through the middle east is worth an enormous amount of blood and treasure.

the point is one needn't believe these things to understand that it is not ridiculous to believe these things.