Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Jumping up with bankroll from outside poker activities

[ QUOTE ]

I am just sick of feeling, that, when sitting at the table, there's more and more thoughts "will someone outdraw me today", not "ok, let's learn something today".

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.
someone will outdraw you every day. be happy you got your money in as a favorite. People at low stakes do stupid things because they are bad at poker, not because they think 'oh its lunch money.' when you play poker you're obviously not supposed to think of the money involved. Do you really think that when sbrugby bets 35k at 200/400 hes like damn, I could buy a 3series bmw with this?

I am going to stop replying to this thread now. I feel like I'm wasting my time.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:24 AM

These people are beind a little ot negative I think. I just started playing NL cash games in july. I had some SnG experience, but was pretty much a noob. I took 1200$ of my own money, bought PT, some books, PAHUD and stated 4 tabling NL50 And after a month of breaking even in July (but adding 1k to my roll through bonus whoring) while I learned the basics and made a lot of terrible plays I've averaged 5.32PTBB/100 over 90K hands, paid myself back the 1200 I started with, and built my roll to 12k. Its very possible to jummp into the NL50 or NL100 game if your determined, and disciplined and my guess is I'm way ahead in my poker growth of where I would be if I'd just worked up from NL10. Honestly if your willing to make a commitment to work at your game hard everyday theres no reason that starting at the bottom is necessary, imo
Old 09-25-2007, 04:33 AM

I jumped in with 10 buyins to 50NL. But I'd already been reading 2+2 for months and had some live poker experience. I didn't want to waste my time at lower limits. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:47 AM

get like $500 play nl25 with a job. don't put any other money into moving up besides that, and if you arent making enough to get up to ~1500-2000 to play nl50, you arent a winning player and are burning money by putting it in again.

im so glad i got through micros pre legislation.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:04 AM

I have won 3bb/100 over 60000 hands in 25c.

I am now winning 7ishbb/100 over 10000 hands in 50c.

It may not last but it is a good start. The game really changes a lot, at least in pokerstars, from 25c to 50c. From there on I think it gets steeper each step.

I am having a hard time deciding whether or not to move up right now.

One thing, tho, you gotta have a lot of confidence to play aggressive poker, I think it somehow has to be built up, too.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:24 AM

Yeah, if you jump from NL$10 straight to NL$100, you'll likely be freaked out by the size of pots and start playing very weak-tight.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:26 AM

Well, reading your responses I becoming more and more confident in my choice. I guess I will follow the advice and jump to 25NL with no hesitation and then reevaluate on the flop, as we say. I just believe [as the most of us, isn't it, hah], that I am far more better player. At least for 10NL. I don't enjoy the game at 10NL - and that's the biggest reason for starting this thread at the first place. Thanx guys.