Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Re: *** Official WCOOP 2008 Suggestions***

every NL event should be a 2 day event for sure. make the main event 2 days maybe 3.

i would like a short-handed rebuy NL event. those are fun on FTP.

i also like the idea of more headsup tournaments. a LHE would be cool, also a high stakes one like at least a $5200 buyin would be cool.

i think they should run 2 events every day too, they easily could run like a $400k guaranteed PLHE or something today along side the stud tournament.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 AM

Let me add my support for a mini-series... waiting another year to play is a drag. Smaller buy-ins, bigger fields, it seems like it would be fun.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:45 AM

Oh yeah, and make a few key bigger tourneys 2 days and then smooth out the limit structure issues. I didn't mind playing really small up front, but so many other players were bothered by it. I looked upon it as a decent warmup and a nice chance to get a few ideas of how my opponents played.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:53 AM

I agree that a mini-series in the spring would be cool. This could also be a good opportunity to guinee-pig a couple 2-day events and see how they are recieved.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how many of the fnal table particiapnts of these 24+ events are the same players who started the tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there will be more players who are different if it's two days.

[/ QUOTE ]
The opposite is more likely. If you have a two-day tournament, then it’s only dishonest players who will put in a ringer for the second day.

In the current setup, dishonest players can still put in a substitute and in addition, some honest players will be compelled to tagteam by physical exhaustion. In fact, scheduling a tournament that runs for 16-20 hours without even a decent meal break makes it seem like they expect players to tagteam.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:03 AM

- I liked the idea of doing two events a day, WSOP-style, but thought it was a kind of a half-assed execution. Like today, there was a Stud event and nothing else. Why not do a big bet and also a limit event each day of the wcoop (except maybe the Sunday events).

- 2nd chance for yesterday's 1k should have been a $300 or $500 buyin.

[ QUOTE ]
2 day events would increase the excitement and prestige infinitely.

[/ QUOTE ]

- I agree that two-day events are preferable to playing 20 hours straight, but I wonder how many recreational players would choose not to play an online tournament with a longer perceived time commitment (i.e. people who have jobs might not register for two-day events, even though they might have been willing to chance one inhumane marathon tournament session). No good solution here, I guess.

- The last time I remember playing a WCOOP triple shootout, it was a 1K buyin. Dropping down to $500 this year was a mistake imo. Also, yeah, let's make a $500 or $1K headsup tournament

- Somehow, I still think the rebuy tournament could be improved, with the first hour structured to induce more action.

- More crazy crap, like PL Stud hi-lo next year

- (edit) Also, yeah, definitely add a WCOOP Jr. or something...gotta be a way of sliding in another series similar to this one more time during the year. FTOPS seems to happen at least 4 times a year and generate fresh action each time.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:06 AM

My thoughts:

1) PLO 6-max w/ rebuys is a must. PLO becomes a much more interesting game as it gets short-handed and deep-stacked. If you don't want more than 3 PLO events, simply replace the 9-handed re-buy.

2) I still have dreams of PLO/NLHE mixed game, preferably 6-max.

3) I also dream of a PL mixed game with the three most strategic variations of poker: Hold'em, Omaha, and 2-7 single draw. Those are the games I would pick, but any pot limit mixed game would do.

4) There are too many 50+% jumps in the limit events. Which is a lot better then the 100% jumps in last year's structure, but still a problem.

5) Add some kind of "player of the year" competition where the winner is whoever gets the most TLB points in the WCOOP events. Give the winner a special bracelet.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

5) Add some kind of "player of the year" competition where the winner is whoever gets the most TLB points in the WCOOP events. Give the winner a special bracelet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they really need to do this, except make the prize more meaningful than a "special bracelet." Aston Martin maybe?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that a mini-series in the spring would be cool. This could also be a good opportunity to guinee-pig a couple 2-day events and see how they are recieved.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we avoid spring break/SXSW (music) week - February? April?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:18 AM

Two day events.