Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Really, really, really thin value vs Samo

[ QUOTE ]
you should swap the river bet sizing for the two hands against standard opponents, but vs. an expert like samo, this might work well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea why you guys are factoring him bluff raising into your play, this is the worst spot ever for a bluff raise and it's rarely gonna happen no matter how much you bet

[/ QUOTE ]

because hes not crap. So if we make what looks like a vb hes good enough to realize his 76 isnt good here and will fold/bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimmy I think the point is that he is representing fk all with a raise, thus it's a bad spot to bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

so bad its good? I dont get what you're saying dean. You seem to be saying samo never bluff raises this river, which is silly. He never cant show up with a big hand here if hes any good and hes good.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea why you guys are factoring him bluff raising into your play, this is the worst spot ever for a bluff raise and it's rarely gonna happen no matter how much you bet

[/ QUOTE ]

because hes not crap. So if we make what looks like a vb hes good enough to realize his 76 isnt good here and will fold/bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimmy I think the point is that he is representing fk all with a raise, thus it's a bad spot to bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

so bad its good? I dont get what you're saying dean. You seem to be saying samo never bluff raises this river, which is silly. He never cant show up with a big hand here if hes any good and hes good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, if we can agree on one thing: samo tends to eat bad/straightforward tags alive. Im not an idiot (i hope), I know against an average opponent betting less than half pot with quads and overpotting weak overpairs is not an optimal play OMG. Also, during my analysis probably the weakest point I made was that an overpair stopped a bluffraise. Even Samo doesn't bluff raise me here often because everyone knows I love to call (probably more than I should).
Old 09-25-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you should swap the river bet sizing for the two hands against standard opponents, but vs. an expert like samo, this might work well if he is on drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-25-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you should swap the river bet sizing for the two hands against standard opponents, but vs. an expert like samo, this might work well if he is on drugs, which he might be.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-25-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you should swap the river bet sizing for the two hands against standard opponents, but vs. an expert like samo, this might work well if he shooting heroin into both eyeballs, which he might be, given that he can afford it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-25-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you should swap the river bet sizing for the two hands against standard opponents, but vs. an expert like samo, this might work well if he shooting heroin into both eyeballs, which he might be, given that he can afford it, and apparently I can too, since I've been known to snap-call 56 in that spot when I played cero at UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-25-2007, 03:54 AM

nobody else wouldnt usually bet this flop?

I also would check the river almost always, a bunch of draws missed including some floaty type hands that didnt want to bluff that turn card but now might bet river.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:07 AM

This is what I was saying. It seems that this hand is set up perfectly to induce on river rather then extract.

Though with the apparent meta game that may be present, this line works well too I guess. Still wondering why you say this though....

'After he checks turn I feel like his range is pretty balanced on the river, and my hand is slightly underrepped. the problem i see with any other line is that hes good enough to V-bet/bluff pretty optimally here, so I don't think I can call a bet greater than or = to 2/3 pot (ish).'

I don't think your hand is underepped much, nor do I understand why you feel you can't call a 2/3+ PSB but can overbet yourself?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 AM

River: CRai.. you'll get called about 2% of the time..