Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: 6/12 live, huge pot, this is what I did with my set.

the only think that beats you from the BB is K J ( with AA or QQ i thik he would capped pf) could be he holds somthink like AK or AQ i think i would raise the turn it's likly that you're ahead and if someone allready has the straight you loose only very litte (if so) you have 10 outs for f.h. or better and you'll get a lot of callers anyway.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:43 PM

I think you are looking at AT AQ AK a lot here. I hate that the BB leads you again after you raise PF and flop, as if he's waiting to find out if that flush card will come. I say raise the turn and call down from that point on, like when he leads the river.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:49 PM

Hey Mr. C, been trying to think of a reason why I wouldn't want to raise the turn & I really can't yet. I guess we can't be sure if the BB would call the PF raise and then cap PF with AA since it is so early on in your session and the only one you have somewhat of a read on is the maniac dude. Unless you have something you can tell us about the BB.

PF with TT as this table who likes(as count said)PF raising and just calling the 3, or 4 betting like OP did?

I played some 8/16 yestserday and I saw a few limp- reraisers. Yesterday they weren't KK or AA like they are lot of the times. One was JTs the other was AQo
Old 09-24-2007, 06:24 PM

Frond,
I didn't have much on the BB, except he didn't simply limp reraise, remember he cold-called a 3-bet, then capped my 4-bet. I just did not see why anyone would do that with a big pair. Sure the simple limp reraise with AA KK QQ, like I posted a couple of weeks ago, but my modest experience told me that this was one of these, "there are so many callers and the pot is so big that I will cap because my suited connector (or possibly baby pocket pair) could win a really big pot." Given that and my already having the TT, I put KJs as a big part of his range.

So, after the flop 4-bet I was afraid that I was already behind, but still had a good draw and wanted the over callers.

Does anyone think that keeping the overcallers in on the turn is worth something? Nobody has mentioned it, yet.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:16 PM

see my reply to BBB.