Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Live $100 Is AKs good considering action in front?

you guys are all crazy. lol
EP raise from LA who has to move soon = wide range of hands. If the MP player is solid as you say he knows this and could be trying to isolate him with a weak reraise. KNowing all this I feel this is a great opp to try and double up and then some. Your play is very resonable. Sure the LA woke up with a real and and now you have just over 10bb but are you there to win or sneak into the money. Which you say you are far from. Another option would be to smooth call and push all in if MP solid player check flop. If he bets you have to call.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ummmm:

LAG pushes with 4000 left, 300/600? I mean, 88+; AQo; AJs+ [I'm being a little conservative].

MP reraises with 8000 left and 5000 now in the pot: JJ+; AK.

You are putting 12,000 to win 17,000. You need to win like 41% of the time. you are sharing an A with somebody a good chunk of the time. If I can steal the blinds a lot because they suck or the table in general is weak, I fold here, because you're probably only getting like ~33% equity here. If I can't or if the blind structure is too fast to get some good spots, then I get it AI.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of your ranges are WAY to small.

LAG pushes for 4K is something like. A8o+KJo+QJs+JTs+44+
MP re-raises is something like. AJs+88+

[/ QUOTE ]

It's live, but I agree, LAG's range is wider.
I'm not sure if MP's range is that wide.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like a very standard isolation raise to me. It may not be as big as I said, but there is absolutely no way it's as small as you think.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What were the other stack sizes at the table? The bet of 8000 is a bit wierd, and the other stacks to act behind shine a bit of light on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The blinds both had shorter stacks than me. As far as folding to save chips for re-stealing up to the 400/800 level, it was not that kind of table. I had not seen one raise go uncontested since the tourney began.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:31 PM

Bleh,I play alot live and was actually in the same situation a few months ago,scary similar re stacksizes and everything,slightly higher buyin,other than that.....

Honestly don't know how people can advocate a fold here.Yes,it's live,yes live is tighter than online,but still.... EP's range is pretty wide,more so if(as you say) he's been laggy,MP will always have a hand here,but he could easily do this with mid pp. I mean,you'd hardly ever have the best hand here,but you'd find yourself up against a pp and a weaker A soooo many times.

As it were,you almost had the worst possible situation with the pp and AK,that's just bad luck. The only way I'd ever cosider a fold here is if as Barry said,the table is really weak and you know for sure you can do whatever you want to them. Other than that,too good of an opportunity to accumulate alot of chips.

Also,just noticed that this is 20 mins blinds and way out from money,another good argument for shoving.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:12 AM

dude AKs is the nizzles, and if you ever fold it stars doomswitches you

even if you do it live
Old 09-25-2007, 11:24 AM

Another good reason for shoving!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
dude AKs is the nizzles, and if you ever fold it stars doomswitches you

even if you do it live

[/ QUOTE ]