Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

57-46 today at Deer Creek Golf Club in Littleton, CO from the gold tees, 6500 yards.

Fantastic course - one of the nicest and most challenging I've ever played. Plus we got an aeration special for $33 off the normal $75
Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
85 at Rancho Solano in Fairfield, CA

39 on the front then started the back with a triple on 10- Par 5, tried to cut off the distance by going over some trees. Drive was too low and hit a tree dead center, ball ends up about 30 yards behind the tee and now have worse tree trouble. Not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always had trouble with the 10th hole. You work to post a number on the front nine, then it is so easy to have a let down on the 10th.

Did you consider taking an unplayable lie and hitting your third shot from the tee?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did not even think about it but thats a good idea for the future. I ended up a little behind my playing partner's drive in 3 anyway so it may not have made a big difference in this case
Old 09-24-2007, 12:38 PM

40-43 Saturday at Diablo Creek in Concord, CA. Flat longish course where the wind is usually howling. Saturday - calm, but damp

Poor iron play led to having to make some longer putts for par and bogey. Probably saved about 5 strokes with the flat stick.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:33 PM

84 (41+43) on par 71. Rather easy and open but my best score ever by far (prev best 89). 1 birdie, 7 pars, 2 triples, no doubles (!). Putting solid, drives far above average, just stayed out of trouble and consistently made my 6 footers. I'm stoked.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:58 AM

Played 9 today with kyleb. Impromptu round with a late start and we had a vvvvv slow 3some in front of us and had to wait at least a minute on most of our shots, despite them not even finishing half the holes.

Started off triple/triple due to an OB tee shot on the 1st hole par-5 then a v bad chip shot onto a very fast, very sloped green on the 2nd, followed by an atrocious 3-putt. Settled down after that and hit a lot of good iron shots. Went bogey/par/par/bogey/par on the next 5. Then hit a horrible first shot on a 144 par-3 that ended up short right and buried in some muddy rough. Could see 1/3 of the ball. Tried playing it like a sand shot but only got the ball 5 ft short of the green 'cause it was so thick. Couldn't get up and down and got a double. Bad tee shot on the 9th that left me no shot to the green. Hit my 3rd shot to 8 ft and burned the lip high to finish with a bogey.

Kyleb continues to hit his 3iron vvv well. If he could get his short irons under control and hit the weight room on the green he would prob destroy me.

+11 47.

Need to go out again Wednesday 'cause it's supposed to rain steady for the next week+ after that.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 AM

GOT,

Can you expand on the type of bets and prop bets that you and kyleb have? That guy is an action junkie so there's no way you play without some bets on the line.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GOT,

Can you expand on the type of bets and prop bets that you and kyleb have? That guy is an action junkie so there's no way you play without some bets on the line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lately, kyleb has been a huge golf nit. I've offered him .5 strokes per hole for $20/hole and he has refused the last two rounds. A couple times we have had huge prop sheets with payouts for things like:

Par
Birdie
Sand save
GIR
3-putt (penalty)
4-putt (penalty)
DO (penalty)
Sand hazards hit (escalator)
Water hazards hit (escalator)

The best was when kyleb pulled his tee shot way left, hit a tree, and came shooting backward and landed 3 yards in front of the ladies tees for a $80 DO. It was awesome.

He also gave me 5,000:1 on $5 on holing my approach shot once. It was an 8iron from ~5 yards behind the 150 marker to a back pin. I hit it to ~25 ft. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

When we go on Wednesday we are definitely betting. I am making him. 2 rounds with no gamble is far too many.

Kyleb, if you are reading this, we are making a modified prop sheet AND playing .5 strokes/hole minus 2 holes of my choosing at 1.0
Old 09-25-2007, 02:45 AM

GOT,

The .5 stroke bet is easily the most underrated bet in golf IMO. It guarantees a winner and a loser.

In situations where someone is getting ~9 strokes in a round I always lobby for the .5 bet so there is action on every hole, but for whatever reason people look at me like I'm strange. Annoying.

If someone is getting let's say three shots in a round I offer them .5 shots on the six toughest holes, but this still seems to go over poorly, like I'm scamming them. Argh.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:46 AM

Tuq,

Try offering them a better line. Like .8 stroke/hole.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:50 AM

GOT,

Good idea, I might even offer them .85 if necessary.