Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 02:35 AM

Default 2 hands against same opponant

*Edit* Opponant is Schneckerl69 for anyone who knows him

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $17.85
BB: $80.60
UTG: $58.60
MP: $27.90
CO: $30.00
hero (BTN): $69.45

Reads: <font color="blue">I am 24/22 over the first 25 hands and have been fairly aggressive. I am up to 69 after raising with KQs, betting out flush draw and hitting the flush on the turn.
Villain is 30/20/infinity over same amount of hands

In the hand previous to this one I 3 bet him and he folded.</font>

Preflop: hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2.50</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">hero raises to $7.50</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $5.00

Flop: ($16.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 J (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $10.00</font>, hero calls $10.00

Turn: ($36.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 J 6 (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $15.00</font>

Pot Size: $51.25

Comments on all parts. I was rather uncertain of where I stood at the turn which usually means you have misplayed it somewhere. You all like a raise on the flop?

Hand 2
This occured about 15 minutes later

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $28.15
BB: $29.30
hero (UTG): $53.90
MP: $16.90
CO: $97.35
BTN: $72.60

Preflop: hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5.00</font>, SB calls $4.75, BB folds, <font color="red">hero raises to $18.00</font>, BTN calls $13.00, SB folds

Flop: ($41.50) 6 A 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $15.00</font>

Pot Size: $56.50

So he was being quite aggro as you can see from his stats from hand 1 so I felt like he could be 3 betting really light and also the cold caller makes a 4 bet even more sweet. In reality I am turning my hand into a bluff but it still does have some equity against kings and Queens.
Now I hit an Ace do I actually want to stack off.
Should I bet the flop?

All comments appreciated.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: 2 hands against same opponant

Hand 1: I raise a bit more pre-flop. I think calling flop is fine. After playing it like that call turn.

Hand 2: Ewww. Fold pre-flop. I'm not really sure of the best play on the flop: it's definitely either folding or calling though.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:56 AM

Hand 1, if you just call his flop bet, just call his turn bet. Re-eval on river, generally calling every river, shoving a king obv.

Hand 2, I don't really like checking here if you 4-bet, but I also hate your 4-bet. He raised so small, and SB cold-called so at least one of them has a hand. I'd just pitch it preflop to his 3-bet even though you're getting tremendous odds, you just don't know what card you want to see get paired. As played, I'd just shove flop to put a tough decision on him as opposed to on us.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As played, I'd just shove flop to put a tough decision on him as opposed to on us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think shoving makes a tough decision for him. He'll call with AK or better...maybe AQ....and fold everything else. Oh maybe he'll still call with the other stuff cause of how much is in the pot....but if that's the case you woulda gotten him all-in later by just calling flop. So IMO the only possible advantage to shoving flop is maybe he'll fold AQ or AJ and I think that's kinda a long shot that 1.) He has either of these hands especially AJ....and 2.) That he actually will fold them especially AQ.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:54 AM

If I'm putting 40% of a stack in preflop, I'm not folding when I hit top pair. I mean, what's your line if you call? Check turn, shove river?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm putting 40% of a stack in preflop, I'm not folding when I hit top pair. I mean, what's your line if you call? Check turn, shove river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea.