Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Paypal question

not really sure this question should really go, but i figured this to be the closest to right.

today i sent a payment over paypal and accidently didn't switch it to my credit card. i have my credit card as my backup funding source and don't have enough money in my primary funding source(my chase checking account) to cover the payment. will chase just deny the payment and then paypal will just charge it to my credit card or will they overdraft my checking? any experience with this? please help. thanks.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Paypal question

Depends on your bank. If you bank allows you to overdraft your account to cover checks or EFTs then you are gonna be overdrafted. I have checking accounts with 3 different banks and I would be overdrafted by all 3 in this situation and would be paying the fun fees.

Ask your bank. Monday morning deposit to cover this so you don't overdraft.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Paypal question

I hate how paypal does not allow you to make your credit card your default "primary" funding account, it always tries to hit your bank first (to save them money), and makes you opt to change to the credit card, and they design so it is very easy to forget to change it. And it's really annoying if you make lots of payments, as you need to change it each time. And then they charge the reciepient the same fees no matter where the money came from -- bank, cc, other paypal account that already got charged fees, etc... Not a bad deal for paypal but sucks for their customers and no good alternative (that has any significant market share).