Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Is There a Human Rights Double Standard?US Policy Toward Saudi Ara

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whether people like it or not the U.S. is still looked upon as the leader in the world in promoting human rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dream on! LOL

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I really don't think that is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

So which country do people look on as the leader?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm tied between America and Israel.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Adios, are you admitting now that you don't know where the US ranks as far as human rights are concerned? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No

I made the following statement:

Whether people like it or not the U.S. is still looked upon as the leader in the world in promoting human rights.

You obviously believe Australia is looked upon as the leader in promoting human rights. If not who is the leader?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dream on! LOL

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I really don't think that is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

So which country do people look on as the leader?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm tied between America and Israel.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have an answer either. I wrote:

Who does the world look on as the leader?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:43 AM

Probably, Finland! The US would probably rate 10 to 20th in the world, objectively.

I think you need to be woken up from your dream (the USA dream) that is starting to look more and more like a nightmare for the rest of the world!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably, Finland! Probably, Finland! The US would probably rate 10 to 20th in the world, objectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we're editing posts I'll address this statement instead. Show me where I made the claim that the U.S. has the best human rights record bar none.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to be woken up from your dream (the USA dream) that is starting to look more and more like a nightmare for the rest of the world!

[/ QUOTE ]

Being looked upon as a leader doesn't you're perfect or not making serious errors. That was basically the main point of the post that you don't care to address as usual.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:51 AM

Get out of your shell. Being insular is one of the most annoying thinks about a lot of people in the US, in my experience.

Credible link!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get out of your shell. Being insular is one of the most annoying thinks about a lot of people in the US, in my experience.

Credible link!

[/ QUOTE ]

A non sequiter as usual and ignoring the point I made. Where did I say that the U.S. has the best human rights record bar none? I never made the claim.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Is There a Human Rights Double Standard?US Policy Toward Saudi Arabia,

Yes. All countries have the same double standards. The US 's hyprocracy is the most obvious because its the most powerful country and arguably the most vocal with its 'what me? Do anything bad', atitude - which is purely for domestic consumption. People maybe naive and idealistic but the US government is, and has been for a long time, as cynical as the rest of the worlds.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Is There a Human Rights Double Standard?US Policy Toward Saudi Arabia,

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. All countries have the same double standards. The US 's hyprocracy is the most obvious because its the most powerful country and arguably the most vocal with its 'what me? Do anything bad', atitude - which is purely for domestic consumption. People maybe naive and idealistic but the US government is, and has been for a long time, as cynical as the rest of the worlds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point about being consistent in the article was good. In light of the thread about Amadinejad thread I think it's worthwhile to note that the U.S. double standard is troublesome.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Credible link!

[/ QUOTE ]

A non sequiter as usual and ignoring the point I made. Where did I say that the U.S. has the best human rights record bar none? I never made the claim.

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You really think the following statement is right? I just linked you to a credible link that demonstrates that the US is definitely not looked at the leader in the world in promoting human rights! You speak with a forked tongue just like your president, dude, and I think you are pawned. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]