Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Re: They showed me their cards

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Must bother you to some extent or you would not waste time posting about this.Like you say it it a bit hillarous so dont worry yourself too much

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it does actually. I don't comprehend one-up-manship.

It doesn't tilt me, but I would like to know exactly how to exploit the extra info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh you know how it is man, people like to do things that (at least they think) make them look good. They have even more courage to try to look like a genius when they're behind their computer.

Just brush it off and laugh man, and just see if they're betting during the times they do show their hands is different when they're bluffing.

For the most part it's just a scratch your head kind of thing. Especially the times when you have a really [censored] hand in SB and fold and they show you 72o (or any of the other hands that the other people who've replied to this thread have posted :P)
Old 09-23-2007, 06:14 AM

I guess there is a reason for showing the cards for these people. For example, you fold SB and they show AA, I love it. The steam is coming. But let's say I fold SB and they show junk. Do they want to trap me and do they want to make me bluff them? This might be a reason. There is definitely a reason for this behavior.

If you fold SB and he shows you A2o, you can tell that he probably thinks this is a good hand so you can write "ace happy" in your notes. You know that he is loose guy who likes to play any ace and is likely to be a calling station.

The other thing is if they show something like K6s. What are they trying to accomplish with this?

Also, drunkness might be a reason.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does any one on this forum show their cards (obv not). What are these people trying to accomplish? Are they attempting to tilt me? What are they trying to set me up for? I know that I should be able to gleen something from this free info, but what is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this stuff all the time. I do it to try and tilt people, I do it to try and goad loose or maniac players into calling or raising even more. I guess the way you can use this info is to figure out if I perceive you as a too-loose player, in which case you should stop bluffing and do things to counter my trapping, like making oversize bets with strong hands..

edit: this stuff doesn't seem to be as effective above small stakes, but I think it's still profitable against some players