Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 02:06 PM

Default 50 nl 3-betting jj oop

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

CO ($50.80)
Button ($50)
Hero ($62.45)
BB ($49.25)
UTG ($52.80)
MP ($117)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
i]1 fold[/i]</font>, MP raises to $2</font>, 2 folds</font>, Hero raises to $7</font>, 1 fold</font>, MP calls $5.

Flop: ($14.50) 4, 3, 8 (2 players)</font>
Hero bets $10</font>, MP calls $10.

Turn: ($34.50) 7 (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP bets $13</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $34.50

no reads on villain

are you always folding against an unknown in these kind of spots ?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: 50 nl 3-betting jj oop

No, I'm not. I think you should have led out for $25 on the turn as draws are a big part of his range.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I'm not. I think you should have led out for $25 on the turn as draws are a big part of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

so lead for 25 and call a shove , probably drawing to 2 outs ?
what do you think about check raising allin ?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:14 PM

I prefer B3b over c/r arr in
Old 09-22-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this is a 3bet pot, draws are not a big part of villain's range. It is a possibility, but other pp's make up a much larger part of villain's range.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this is a 3bet pot, draws are not a big part of villain's range. It is a possibility, but other pp's make up a much larger part of villain's range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your ranges are a bit off. The pp that beat you are most likely 4-betting pf. This can easily be a AJs-AKs, 88-1010, or even a smaller pp (a set is raising your c-bet here most-likely). If the villain is passive, maybe QQ. I think when you checked the turn he put you on AK and decided to take it down.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:50 PM

exactly something like AJs or Aks is very likely.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
exactly something like AJs or Aks is very likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if most of his range includes rather high cards than draws ,
check - raising would be a nice play here .
Old 09-22-2007, 05:59 PM

I like a crai. He knows that ak is a big part of your range here, and will thus likely float with a lot of hands. Betting the turn likely won't get value from TT or 99, however a crai will likely commit him. Also, betting the turn will enable him to fold AK where as he may fire it if you check.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your ranges are a bit off. The pp that beat you are most likely 4-betting pf. This can easily be a AJs-AKs, 88-1010, or even a smaller pp (a set is raising your c-bet here most-likely). If the villain is passive, maybe QQ. I think when you checked the turn he put you on AK and decided to take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is 6 ways to be dealt a particular pocket pair and one way to be dealt AsKs. If we put villain's range at only one pp of TT or three combination of flush draws AsKs, AsQs and AsTs(dont forget we hold the Js). We still have 6:3 odds of villain being dealt a pp to A-Big spades. If we put villain's range to 99-AA(only 1 combo of JJ left) and add As9s we have 31:4 odds of villain being dealt a pp to A-Big spades.

I realize that villain is much more likely to continue post flop with hands that fit the board, thus increasing the chances he holds A-big spades. It is also likely that some villains would have played the pot more aggressively, i.e. raising the flop, with such a hand. I do admit 31:4 is too far weighted towards pocket pairs without taking these effects into account.

However, I stick with my original comment that a draw is not near as much of villain's range as pocket pairs are. I did not specify the first time, but I was speaking directly of flush draws.

I am not sure if you thought I was advocating a fold or even thought I was implying that we are behind villains range. I was not saying either. I was merely pointing out what I saw as an incorrect assumption that overvalued how often villain is going to have a spade draw.