Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Should I go into call down mode here?

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?.

I have no reads on villain. I believe my image is weak-tight because I have folded probably the last 20 flop and turns I've seen after flopping 2nd pair or worse and not getting odds with my draws etc. Is this a time to go into call-down mode because there is a good chance villain is exploiting my weak-tight play and doing this with a low PP or ace-high. No?

Edit: Also, I forgot to look at the fact that there were other players in the pot. However, once they folded he could be doing this with a flush draw?
Old 09-22-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Should I go into call down mode here?

[ QUOTE ]
I have no reads on villain. I believe my image is weak-tight because I have folded probably the last 20 flop and turns I've seen after flopping 2nd pair or worse and not getting odds with my draws etc. Is this a time to go into call-down mode because there is a good chance villain is exploiting my weak-tight play and doing this with a low PP or ace-high. No?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here I think ur thinking is very good. And calling down is probably best.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here I think ur thinking is very good. And calling down is probably best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, are you sure a call-down is best? Should I not be worried that he bet out into a four-way pot? I forgot to mention it in the first post.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:49 AM

If you call the flop here you are going into call down mode. You are slightly ahead or way behind here, you essentially are drawing to 4 outs if you are behind. I prefer to find out and go for the reraising of the flop. If he still doesn't believe you have him beat and 3 bets you then call down and fold to a spade.

You have no friggin image. Don't bet because of your image. Look at my past posts to see the crap that was dumped on me when I said the same thing.

Read your opponents but don't assume they read you. Trust me after 140k hands at micro, I get the message finally.

FPS is a huge mistake at this level. Be wary of it.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are slightly ahead or way behind here, you essentially are drawing to 4 outs if you are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which 4 outs are that? I only see 2. Am I blind?
Old 09-22-2007, 12:29 PM

No I am blind there are 2 outs. K greater than 10 not less than. Brain farted again.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:32 PM

Thx. I appreciate the insight.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (5 handed)

I believe my image is weak-tight

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have an image at .02/.04 limit hold'em, I don't care if you folded the last 100 hands.

You are beat, the guy called a raise in the SB and donk bets this flop. I think about 95% of the time he has a 4 or K, the other 5% he has a Ax of spades.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (5 handed)

I believe my image is weak-tight

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have an image at .02/.04 limit hold'em, I don't care if you folded the last 100 hands.

You are beat, the guy called a raise in the SB and donk bets this flop. I think about 95% of the time he has a 4 or K, the other 5% he has a Ax of spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true

Fish donk A high and 22, 33 and 55-99 more than enough for hero to call down here.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:03 PM

Grunch....Only. Do not use as actual advice. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I fold here to overcard and flush draw.

Now I will read the post and see how wrong I am.