Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 07:11 AM

Default 400NL 55 from the blinds

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $396.00
BB: $809.98
UTG: $819.80
CO: $767.00
BTN: $394.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $12.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $40.00</font>, BB folds, CO calls $28.00

Flop: ($84) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $55.00</font>

im trying sth to mix with my blind play with small pocket pairs
opener is 26/14, is this the best player to 3bet from the sb? or should i only 3bet his BU open?
on this flop i think a cbet is standard yeah? as with his stats he is calling a lot cold prf
Old 09-22-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: 400NL 55 from the blinds

I think 3-betting pf is a waste of a perfectly good pp. If you wanna 3-bet a little wider, do it with anything that isn't this.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:38 AM

Just call preflop. His raise is only 3x BB and you have the BB that might call, so I like a call better than 3-bet. Save your 3-bets for other spots, like when you are in the BB and you feel your image is tight.

Flop is ??????

I could see CRAI. I could see bet/3-bet AI. I could see check-fold. As long as you don't check-call you can take any line.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:49 AM

hm ok ty, just got the discussion about 3 betting your pps out of the blinds instead of calling in one of the other thread there the argumentation was, that the range of villain would be too big to get the even pay out when we hit a set
but so this seems like the wrong situation hm?
or did i get the whole thing wrong?
is there any longer discussion about this theme?
ty toretto
Old 09-22-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hm ok ty, just got the discussion about 3 betting your pps out of the blinds instead of calling in one of the other thread there the argumentation was, that the range of villain would be too big to get the even pay out when we hit a set
but so this seems like the wrong situation hm?
or did i get the whole thing wrong?
is there any longer discussion about this theme?
ty toretto

[/ QUOTE ]

Going by what you said, and it is true that you have lower odds of getting paid off, you want to call a lower percent of your stack. So instead of 8-10% or whatever you call for with pps with set odds, you can reduce it maybe 6-7% and fold it otherwise.

3bb's is 3% and gives you MASSIVE impllied odds in this particular hand so call.

Another good option to make up EV is to bluff the flop when you don't hit a set sometimes, but you better know what the hell your doing there rather than just bluffing any stupid spot or you will be spewing a lot of money.