Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Live AK hand, flop decision. 3/5 NL

just remembered about this post. The open shove of 300 meant his range is heavily, heavily skewed toward set, JT, or maybe even 89. So basically you only have 12 outs (maybe even 9), are getting terrible terrible odds, and counting on terrible players coming in behind to juice your odds. Problem with that, is that you have the space ace, making it really hard for anyone to chase. Live players are terrible but usually not retarded, I wouldn't expect anyone to kick in 300ish chasing a second nut draw.

But I've seen results, so whatever. Anyway:

[ QUOTE ]
lol fold it

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-22-2007, 12:03 PM

just curious why you are playing w/ 66bbs. seems to me like you are just playing for fun. No, this post isn't analytical - but in your shoes, in this situation, i'd snap call.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I guess firestorm was right all along. Shoulda folded dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if we are being results oriented, the call behind me gave me the pot odds I needed (2/1).

I am 33% / 66% against TT and AQs there per pokerstove.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:20 PM

Firestorm,

The fact that a naked FD DID come into the pot behind should make you aware that your ranges are too tight then. It is hard for me to think that the community overestimated his calling frequency with crap when that is what he had (and we had no clue as of yet). This is not about whether Mr. $170 was getting the right odds or made the right play but rather just that he exists. And because he exists we need to account for that when calculating are propositions.

We are 35% against TT alone and 33% against both hands. We are getting 2-1 on our money in this case so we are technically being offered the odds we need. Ofcourse we can't know he is definitely coming along with that hand, but the prospect is there with two monkeys to act and the pot odds THEY are being offered may be just too enticing. Your call may act as a catalyst for getting the pot odds you desire.

And if that don't work, the meta you implanted may do well for you later in the session.

Again though, if you fold this, it isn't awful. But to put it as so eloquently as Yeti did, 'if you fold this you must not like to have fun'.

edit to add - DVO, my post was in jest.....