Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Borg 20 Yell At Me More For Defending Axo Multiway

[ QUOTE ]

As played, I'd fold the turn. Unless btn is a total maniac, has to be worried when his flop bet is called and overcalled. I doubt he's going to fire the turn again with less than a decent A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

I think this is the best turn card we could see short of a nine, then an Ace.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:52 AM

I don't think my OP gives villain enough credit. He is TAGgish in certain regards and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a winner in the game. I also think I gave the impression that him calling down a 3bet in the other hand was a bad play. I was just hoping to give off the impression that he values going to showdown.

Should I be calling this down if BTN raises the flop and it gets HU on this board or is the turn fold standard?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and was able to b/3b the turn and he couldn't get away from his overpair

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much describes nearly 100 percent of hold em players at all limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

just because this hasn't been said explicitly yet... taking that line and folding to a three bet as a default, is god awful, money-hating poker. telling that story leads me to believe the villian might just be a good TAG and you may or may not be a nit/rock/TAP/old white person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely what I was thinking about the overpair.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:59 PM

Also, is this hand only a 3bet because of SB's overlay?

P.S. Stop side tracking my thread. If I wanted advice on the other hand, I'd post it.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:23 PM

against a good tag, or someone with a similar stealing range, its a standard 3bet heads up.

when it comes to playing live, many players have very tight blind stealing ranges, i am sure we have all seen people fold AJo face up on the button as a courtesy to allow the chop. as such, you certainly have to take it on a case by case basis live (in the case of HU). conversely, 3 way its almost always a 3bet live because many people's fold sb to steal % is ~10%.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One more vote for a 3-bet PF - when I first read the hand, I was thinking that I liked the call, but given how loose SB is (sounds like he could have ATC here), I think a 3-bet is mandatory. Getting it heads-up in position with SB would be really sweet, and 3-betting PF is the most likely way to make that happen (on the flop or turn, of course).

As played, I'd fold the turn. Unless btn is a total maniac, has to be worried when his flop bet is called and overcalled. I doubt he's going to fire the turn again with less than a decent A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the term "aggro monkey" synonymous to maniac? I'm not a total maniac and I fire the turn here on the button all the time with nothing. Why wouldn't you?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:27 PM

Ben, it was nice meeting you. I'm sorry I didn't get to play more hours with you but from what I saw I think you'll do very well. You seem to have a very good understanding of the game but more importantly, you want to learn as much as possible from many different people, and that is definitely something that many of the better players in the world struggle with the most.

Anyway, onto the hand. I like your line a lot this time. Don't overcall the river as you said already and it will be perfect.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:47 PM

Aggro monkey =/= Maniac in my book. I just like attaching monkey to everything like when I call myself a showdown monkey. I suppose it makes me a bad, unclear poster. Villain is simply aggro, more so than your average TAG, but not off the wall.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:30 AM

ben: some ppl are lagtards
ben: i told u what happened on that A9o hand right?
SOMEONEELSEON2P2: no
ben: river is 9
ben: i instabet
ben: BTN instaraises
ben: SB instafolds
ben: I instacall
ben: BTN instamucks
ben: [censored] LAGtards
Old 09-22-2007, 10:53 AM

PF: I think the call here is fine, no reason to bloat the pot w/a marginal hand here. If you're ahead, its not by much, if you're behind, its by a lot

Flop: I can go either way w/calling or folding. Sometime's I'll just muck it b/c we may be drawing to 3 outs and this is going to be a tough spot to play against this particualr opponent. If its HU I might just close my eyes and call down

Turn: I'd usually just fold here. SB calling is bad news for your hand. He likely has a pair of some sort. Button could certainly have a bigger ace here and I'm just not loving this spot

River: c/c Against the type of opponent you described, he's goint 3 barrel here all the time. You can trap sb in the middle and get an extra BB outta him if he's got a weak pair which he might fold if you bet out into a pf aggressor.