Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Did I play this right

So I limp in on some small suited connectors, 5 of diamonds and 6 of diamonds, and a new guy at the table who I have no read on checks as bigblind. Heres the action.. What would you have done?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players)
2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $5</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10.25, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $11.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $22.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $79.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $23.75</font>.
Uncalled bets: $33.5 returned to UTG.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($102.75, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $102.75)

Results:
Final pot: $102.75
Old 09-22-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Did I play this right

Your hand history is rather messed up so I'm not sure what the action is but if you get allin with bottom two pair in an unraised pot you are usually going to be beat.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:21 AM

You should include stack sizes in your post.

Never open limp in 6-max, and limping 4-handed is worse. In this hand it means you have no idea what villain could have, because hands like 72, 74, Q5, Q6, Q8, 85, 86 etc get to see free flop
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...p;vc=1&amp;nt=2
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...t=1#Post7827947

As played, if you lost to a set, then you were just unlucky. If you lost to bigger 2 pr or straight, then you were unlucky after the flop, but could have avoided the bad luck by raising PF.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:28 AM

You both limp, you check raise him on the flop, he check raises you on the turn so unless he sneaked in with a set I would assume he had Q trash which give him a bigger 2 pair. In any case, limping to see a flop is not bad but when he check raises the turn after you just check raises him, its ok to play it soft since you have no read on him. No need to go bust in a limp hand. Who knows, he could have As or Ks and scared that you had a straight draw on the turn and wanted you to fold. Like I said, too hard to tell with a new guy in a limp hand, someone screwed up o the turn. Rather it was you or him I'm not sure but someone overplayed the hand. Hopefully it was him with AQ.