Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2006, 11:53 PM

Default 2/4 Blind battle

Haven't had much experience in blind battles. Villian is 12.6/8.8/1.67. Tight stats but he has raised when it's folded to him everytime (around 6 times).

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) HandConverter Link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ...

Is A7o a little too weak to be standing up to him with? Do I continue to bet on the turn?
Old 03-13-2006, 12:03 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Blind battle

hell yeah bet that turn. the 3 bet is not that bad preflop given i will raise against tight opponents with any two sometimes in the same scenario. he is kind of passive, but he is aggressive pf. bet the turn and he will usually drop, unless he has something or thinks his AJ is good. i will usually check most rivers UI.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:10 AM

Your hand is plenty strong enough to defend with.

Bet the turn.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:16 AM

A7o is a good hand for 3-betting from BB. It does well inproved and unimproved against his range.

Bet the turn. Against a standard TAG, you can fold to a raise.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:51 AM

There is no way the turn can't be bet. And I'm not sure I fold to his raise either. I want a showdown with 2ndPairTK

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2006, 02:49 AM

Given your read and your hand (which has decent showdown value), I have no problem with the preflop three bet. Bet the flop. Bet the turn. Bet almost any river. nice hand.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:09 AM

I don't mind 3 betting with this kind of hand if you think he will make a quick release on the flop once you bet. The problem with 3-bet is I believe it ties you to the pot with a mediocre holding. What have you done the previous times when he has raised in blind vs. blind? How does he perceive you? If he thinks you will 3-bet only with a premium holding, I like the move.

I think bet/fold would be my line on the turn. If I am called on the turn, I'm checking the river UI and expecting to see something like K9 or T9s.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind 3 betting with this kind of hand if you think he will make a quick release on the flop once you bet. The problem with 3-bet is I believe it ties you to the pot with a mediocre holding. What have you done the previous times when he has raised in blind vs. blind? How does he perceive you? If he thinks you will 3-bet only with a premium holding, I like the move.

I think bet/fold would be my line on the turn. If I am called on the turn, I'm checking the river UI and expecting to see something like K9 or T9s.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had folded previous times partially because I didn't realize he raised everytime and I was gifted with hands like 29o.

Also I checked the turn, river came something worthless like a 2 and I called his bet. He had Q8. Oh well.