Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: 10-25NL Help

[ QUOTE ]
if u play just aq ak and pairs u can prob beat nl10. this is an awful way to play the gamethough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But it's the only way to consistently win here. ANY advanced, at all, play is useless at this level.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if u play just aq ak and pairs u can prob beat nl10. this is an awful way to play the gamethough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But it's the only way to consistently win here. ANY advanced, at all, play is useless at this level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite correct. Last time I was in 10NL I was crushing it for 11-12 PTBB/100 over about 30k.

UTG: play AJo+, KQ+, any two face cards (AKQJ) that are suited. Fold everything else.

UTG+1: Same as above, but add any two suited broadway, ATo, KJo, A8s+, 98s+

Cutoff or Button: If the pot is limped play all suited aces, suited connectors, suited one and two gappers, and unsuited connectors (54s/o, 53s, 52s should be as low as you go though). If you have one limper in front of you, raise anything you play. If you have more than one limper in front of you limit your raises to any two broadway suited or not. An exception is if you are in the cutoff and the button calls raises very loosely. In that case raise only two broadway cards.

In all positions, don't call raises with easily dominated offsuit cards. In late position, you can call with big offsuit connectors as long as you realize that you really aren't playing hands like QJo for top pair value in that situation.

Postflop you should valuebet the piss out of TPGK or better unless you have a read that tells you otherwise. MAKE NO ATTEMPTS OTHER THAN A C-BET TO STEAL THE POT IF YOU ARE OUT OF POSITION. Read that last sentence again and memorize it. In position, attempt to steal with two big overcards, any OESD/FDs, bottom or middle pair, just about anything that has marginal value or a decent chance of drawing to a big hand. If your steal attempt faces resistance, check you implied odds and get the hell out if they aren't there.

While admittedly there is more to it, that is a pretty accurate nutshell of how to win at 10NL. Play tight OOP, loosen up a lot in position so you don't miss a chance to get in a pot with the fish. Postflop, be a complete nit when you are OOP, in position abuse any player who is foolish enough to play against you when they are OOP.

Oh, yeah: Believe their raises.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:30 AM

WP
Old 09-22-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WP

[/ QUOTE ]

???
Old 09-22-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite correct. Last time I was in 10NL I was crushing it for 11-12 PTBB/100 over about 30k.

UTG: play AJo+, KQ+, any two face cards (AKQJ) that are suited. Fold everything else.

UTG+1: Same as above, but add any two suited broadway, ATo, KJo, A8s+, 98s+

Cutoff or Button: If the pot is limped play all suited aces, suited connectors, suited one and two gappers, and unsuited connectors (54s/o, 53s, 52s should be as low as you go though). If you have one limper in front of you, raise anything you play. If you have more than one limper in front of you limit your raises to any two broadway suited or not. An exception is if you are in the cutoff and the button calls raises very loosely. In that case raise only two broadway cards.

In all positions, don't call raises with easily dominated offsuit cards. In late position, you can call with big offsuit connectors as long as you realize that you really aren't playing hands like QJo for top pair value in that situation.

Postflop you should valuebet the piss out of TPGK or better unless you have a read that tells you otherwise. MAKE NO ATTEMPTS OTHER THAN A C-BET TO STEAL THE POT IF YOU ARE OUT OF POSITION. Read that last sentence again and memorize it. In position, attempt to steal with two big overcards, any OESD/FDs, bottom or middle pair, just about anything that has marginal value or a decent chance of drawing to a big hand. If your steal attempt faces resistance, check you implied odds and get the hell out if they aren't there.

While admittedly there is more to it, that is a pretty accurate nutshell of how to win at 10NL. Play tight OOP, loosen up a lot in position so you don't miss a chance to get in a pot with the fish. Postflop, be a complete nit when you are OOP, in position abuse any player who is foolish enough to play against you when they are OOP.

Oh, yeah: Believe their raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the exact way you described. Did you raise with KQ or AJ UTG or in any other position? Thanks.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:47 AM

There is no specific way to play any level. Post hands and seek advice that way, if you're looking for some magic formula you wont find it. This board is overflowing with excellent advice both in the threads and the stickes and I am astounded that you would post a question like this.
Closed Thread