Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Fustrated, Tired, Hungry and Numb - 5hrs of poker

I'll try 2 tabling the next time i'm on.

Yes, my site will let me re-size tables, so it should be simple to see both at a time. To "keep my mind occupied," I started pulling up PT's "game time" tab and filling in all the players, and then trying to peg each player better to know better when to fold and when to call/raise. Doing that will be more difficult 2/ two tables, unless I can get PA HUD.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:29 PM

Oh, I didn't realize you weren't using PA HUD and were checking the players stats the hard way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Pokerace is a must for multitabling, definitely worth the money.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:34 PM

Ender,

If you don't want to shell out $25 for PA HUD, you can get Gametime+ which is a freeware alternative. If you play on Stars it can be a little frustrating since you have to manually move around each icon and line it up with each player.

You can also try out PA Hud for free for 30 days. It only does one table though, but it should give you a good idea if Gametime+ is sufficient or if you want to purchase PA. I think PA is better since it shows more stats, and I think most would agree, though Gametime+ is much better than nothing.

I would be surprised if there is any player that can play 6+ tables at his skill level limit and win consistently without a HUD.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also play on FTP and part of what helps me keep with the grind and not go crazy is rakeback and accumulating FTP points and ironman medals. Set a goal of trying to get enough points for an item in the FTP store like one of the plasma tv's so that will keep you motivated when running break even or worse. I had a 40k hand breakeven stretch a little while ago which drove me crazy but I was able to stay cool and get through it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this suggestion!

Since I wasn't working for a while (just got full medical clearance this week), I had to pretty much wipe out my $170 poker account and start grinding from $20 a couple weeks ago. I stayed around $20 for most of that time (like you, not losing, but not winning either). A couple days ago I broke through, and had two consecutive SNGs where I finished 3/45--2 straight $7 cashes. Now I'm starting to build a roll again, and with that comes more confidence, I think.

But during those breakeven times, I kept telling myself that I was getting more experience, and more PokerStars Frequent Player Points--OK, 100 points, you're 20% of the way to another PokerStars shirt (have to have all the colors).

So every 50 FPP is another increment toward a free shirt, and when money is tight, that's not bad.

So now, I'm halfway to a shirt and I've doubled my bankroll in a week, and I can go back to work, so life is good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 02:00 AM

Poker is my crack! So I just got home and it is 1am and I plan to play poker till sunrise then sleep half the day Saturday.

Poker Clif - glad to hear you are alirhgt - hope all is well.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:13 AM

Guess I'm not a man yet! It's hard work to be a man.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:32 AM

Looks like you have enough points to at least make one of the ironman levels, just make sure to click "change preferences" and check the box so that you are participating in the promotion!
Old 09-22-2007, 02:54 AM

Okay thanks Vince. I didn't see that I needed to click to be involved. TY - I am bronze level it says.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:56 AM

3 more days for bronze points for you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

How do you like FTP? IS it nice enough to sit on your rear for 5 hours for? I've been on AP, and the ring games start to get thin above the lvl i'm at.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I am not trying to be a poker "brat" here, but I am starting to get a little fustrated. The last three nights i have been virutally breaking even... which is fine ! Certainly better than losing! BUT.. since I am still a newbie to cash poker, I didn't anticipate the time and emotion that I would be investing into the game of poker.

When I was playing for play money I would come on play for an hour maybe 2 hours and go, and that was that. But now I find myself on for hours ( like most serious online players.

The point of this post is this : How can I learn to cope with the grind? When I am winning big, the hours fly by and the numbness in my rear doesn't seem to bother me, but when my stack stays virtually the same or does this little roller coaster action of up one minute and down the next, I feel a little fustrated, tired, forget to eat so I am hungry, and my butt goes numb. Even though I try and move around a bit and get the blood flow going, I am just not used to so many hours sitting.

Help!

[/ QUOTE ]

Janelle,

Who says that you have to go five hours without eating or standing up?

I have gone as far as 4:10 into an MTT, but those have a five minute break every hour. Give yourself the same break. Just hit the "sitting out" button.

Besides, I assume that you do have to go to the bathroom from time to time?