FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 03:15 AM

Default $11 NLTRN - Is this a call?

Blinds: t25/t50
2 players

Stack sizes:
Hero: t1965
BB: t1035

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t125</font>, BB calls t75 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t175)</font>.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t250, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t175</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in t910</font>, Hero ???

Villain's been playing extraordinarily tight-passive - folding to all but one PF raise in the BB, and folding many hands OTB. I've built up my stack by raising almost every button and occasionally raising his limps.

He made one weird PF RR push a few hands before this, just after hitting the 25/50 blind level. I figured he had QQ+ and was hoping I'd call because I raised PF.

I'm getting great odds on this call, but I'm not really sure what this push means from this opponent. Do $11 villains do this with air or draws? Because if his range here is [AJ KJ QJ 9T], this isn't a call:

735/2070 = .355

Board: Jd 8d 5h

Wins Ties Equity
30.94% 1.59% 32.53% ( JhTs )
65.88% 1.59% 67.47% ( AJ KJ QJ 9T )

I'm excluding big PP's because I think he'd probably have RR'ed with those pf.

Thoughts on what the push means?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:28 AM

Default Re: $11 NLTRN - Is this a call?

this is a tough hand. i'm not sure a hand like t9 is in his range preflop if he's that weaktight. there are other hands like TT and 99 that i could conceivably see him playing like this out of frustration (his pf 3bet allin could also be frustration). even so, it's tough to come up with a reasonable range that you have enough equity against to call.
just based on your weak-tight read this is a fold for me. so unless you read these allin raises as him playing back at you or overplaying his hand because he's on tilt i think you have to let this one go.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Re: $11 NLTRN - Is this a call?

In an $11 I'm calling this regardless of my read. Villains like this at this level tend to get frustrated and show up with like A8, T9, any 2 diamonds, AK/AQ, etc. here.