Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Resume I recieved today

[ QUOTE ]
When I first saw it I thought the resume was a joke, who puts that as their current employment on a resume? My favorite part is his definition of a "poker pro"

[/ QUOTE ]

Because employers don't like to see gaps in a resume. I know this because I had to continuously explain a 4 month gap in my own resume.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Resume I recieved today

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I first saw it I thought the resume was a joke, who puts that as their current employment on a resume? My favorite part is his definition of a "poker pro"

[/ QUOTE ]

Because employers don't like to see gaps in a resume. I know this because I had to continuously explain a 4 month gap in my own resume.

[/ QUOTE ]
True.

Also, some types of jobs look for people with strategic games skills (traders for example).

I interviewed candidates for software positions for many years (as a manager). What I would want to know is how this guy educated himself for playing poker. Did he just learn from experience? If not, did he have a mentor, did he post on bulletin boards such as 2+2, what books did he read, what DVD's did he watch, how many hours of poker tourneys did he watch per week on TV and did he practice emulating the pros he saw, in front of a mirror (especially Hellmuth)?

Also, how did he keep track of winning/losing and what was his winrate?

Most important: when he played did he wear sunglasses? A hoodie? An IPod? What was his chip protector?

What was his favorite hand and why?

I would also have a poker quiz ready for him (you could take it out of SSHE) - see how he does.