Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 12:23 AM

Default 50 NL - Am i being played back at? When to fold, when to call down?

Villians stats are 38/2/.5 across 50 hands, his flop agf is 2.

I had raised the last 3 hands in a row (with premium hands), so may have looked agressive, which influenced me to think i was perhaps being played back at.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Hero ($52.03)
UTG ($51.72)
Button ($92.74)
SB ($61.79)

Preflop: Hero is BB with , .
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, [color=#CC3333]SB raises to $2.5</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $6.75</font>, Button calls $6.50, SB folds.

Flop: ($16.50) , , [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $9</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises to $18</font>.

Final Pot: $34.50

How do we decide if we are just being played back at with limited reads? Fold and wait for more info? Or call and Re-evaluate turn? Thoughts appreciated.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: 50 NL - Am i being played back at? When to fold, when to call dow

Tough to put villain on a hand given his PF play. Kind of looks like he may of limped in with AA or KK, but there's a lot more in his range than this. This is a very dry flop so the only thing I see you beating is 7x if he's just gotten tired of your aggression, or possibly 88-1010. Would be odd of him to limp the button with those hands however, even though he is so passive. But given his AF and PFR% I think you can lay this down.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:43 AM

If he is indeed playing back at us with 88-10 as well as his other obvious holdings our equity is decent (~40%) against his range. Does that makes us lean towards calling the flop min raise and then re-evaluating the turn?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:46 AM

I think this is a fold/push situation given stacks. Too many cards could kill your action/be a scare card for you.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Too many cards could kill your action/be a scare card for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can only think of 8, and I doubt any of them connect with button's hand anyway.

Anyway, fold. Don't assume passive players are playing back at you until they've started playing back at you.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:20 AM

I ended up pushing and he flipped KK. I think pushing is bad because his calling range of the flop push has us crushed, whereas calling the flop allows him to at least fire of a bluff on the turn. If i call the flop min raise villian has to think my range is something like 22, 77, QQ, AQ, perhaps AK, JJ, TT. So on the turn he can only bet if he has us beat, at which time we fold? Scare cards on turn or river allow us to go to showdown and win against the 88-TT holdings?
Old 09-21-2007, 01:21 AM

Its a min re-raise which in my experience usually means top pair. That or less likely a monster. If he was bluffing he would raise more not wanting a call. The board is not draw heavy and from his limited stats he is not getting out of line. You could call and see the turn but your OOP. Marginal position. Best line FOLD to prolly KQ, JQ or worse
Old 09-21-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I ended up pushing and he flipped KK. I think pushing is bad because his calling range of the flop push has us crushed, whereas calling the flop allows him to at least fire of a bluff on the turn. If i call the flop min raise villian has to think my range is something like 22, 77, QQ, AQ, perhaps AK, JJ, TT. So on the turn he can only bet if he has us beat, at which time we fold? Scare cards on turn or river allow us to go to showdown and win against the 88-TT holdings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rubbish. Any thinking villain would put you on AK, QQ upwards (possibly JJ, 1010) merely from you preflop play from the second worst positon at the table.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:27 AM

Forgot to mention that CBetting the flop is more or less commiting you to the hand with your remaining stack size. therefore if you call the min reraise on the flop you playing for your stack.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:28 AM

Claunchy, I agree with what you say, I think we should wait until we have a stronger hunch that villian is playing back at us. I'm just wondering if in this particular hand with the information we have, if this is a flop fold or turn fold. I just thought it kinda looks like i'm FOS if i folded to the min raise on the flop...