Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Girl glances at me a lot in class, and always tries to bump into m

you give online poker players a bad name
Old 09-20-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Girl glances at me a lot in class, and always tries to bump into me...

Yes you're right. Everytime I try to take the leap though it seems my anxiety kicks in and I can't speak.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Girl glances at me a lot in class, and always tries to bump into me...

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, there are millions of kids like you. You're gonna have to do what you're not comfortable doing and that's talking to girls, the sooner you do it, the happier you'll be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, next time I'm talking with a girl I think I can muster up enough courage to give politie automatic responses. If she's smiling or seems interested I'm just going to put my hand on her thigh. Is this a good idea?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:21 PM

You have to start where you left off, 9th grade girls. giddy giddy
Old 09-20-2007, 09:24 PM

1. I doubt she's bumping to you on purpose. I'm willing to bet that she accidently bumped into you once and now you think that she loves you.

Here's what you should do: Just go up to her and say "Hi how are ou enjoying the course" and proceed from there. There's a lot of [censored] to talk about like whether or not this course is required for her, what her major is, etc etc. This should give you a rapport with her and build a bit of comfort.

Here's what you shouldn't do:

Fester your feelings of love for her secretly and do the goofyballer (ie make something out of something that isn't there; namely her bumping into her on purpose and being in love with you).
Old 09-20-2007, 09:24 PM

you have to refine your nonverbal signals. stomp your feet and make snorting noises at the girl. then attack her.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to refine your nonverbal signals. stomp your feet and make snorting noises at the girl. then attack her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wrong. This is clearly the best move.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:38 PM

I lol'ed but I was in pretty much the same boat as OP. Whenever a hot girl said two words to me I would clam up and forget how to talk, going into college it was pretty clear to me that this was going to be a huge problem. First day of class I got there a few minutes late and looked for a spot and found a seat between two chicks and took it. Our prof gave us about 20 mins to introduce ourselves to the people around us so I was forced to open my mouth and try to make sounds come out. If you are interested in her, take Eric W's advise and just introduce yourself and chat for a bit, dont turn it into a 30 minute chat cause that will get you into the friend zone pretty fast. Talk to her each class for about 5 min or so, if shes interested she will probably start the conversation, after about 2 weeks of this, see if she wants to grab a coffee after class.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Girls are like normal people, you just treat them worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lol'ed but I was in pretty much the same boat as OP. Whenever a hot girl said two words to me I would clam up and forget how to talk, going into college it was pretty clear to me that this was going to be a huge problem. First day of class I got there a few minutes late and looked for a spot and found a seat between two chicks and took it. Our prof gave us about 20 mins to introduce ourselves to the people around us so I was forced to open my mouth and try to make sounds come out. If you are interested in her, take Eric W's advise and just introduce yourself and chat for a bit, dont turn it into a 30 minute chat cause that will get you into the friend zone pretty fast. Talk to her each class for about 5 min or so, if shes interested she will probably start the conversation, after about 2 weeks of this, see if she wants to grab a coffee after class.

[/ QUOTE ]

K thanks, I think I can make myself do this. BTW we grab beers here in texas, not coffee.