Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: The Worst Song I\'ve Ever Heard

[ QUOTE ]
rofl at 'you don't know nothin' bout hard work???' They think Bush just longues round the Oval Office and signs declarations of War or something. He's got one of the hardest working/high stress jobs in the country.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok, but Bush probably knows less about hard work than any president ever by a long shot. He's basically never had a real job, including this one, that he didn't get through his connections. And he's notorious for doing stuff like taking far more vacation days than any president in history. etc.

It's been a while since I had to argue these points but I'm pretty sure my facts are still straight.

Oh, I didn't listen to the song. Why would I subject myself to something we all agree is the worst song ever?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ok, but Bush probably knows less about hard work than any president ever by a long shot. He's basically never had a real job, including this one, that he didn't get through his connections.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, you forget FDR.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My personal pick is "What's Going On" by 4 non blondes, absolute mystery to me how that godawful song became a radio hit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't that a huge hit for Marvin Gaye? Never heard 4nonblonds or whatever, but Jimmy McGriff rips a killer Hammond B-3 version of this tune.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 4 non blondes tune is not a Marvin Gaye cover. If you thought that song was bad, listen to 4 non blondes cover of a Led Zeppelin song called "Misty Mountain Hop."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVmFF6_etkI
Old 09-20-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ok, but Bush probably knows less about hard work than any president ever by a long shot. He's basically never had a real job, including this one, that he didn't get through his connections.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, you forget FDR.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:04 PM

I'm not conservative and I dislike Bush, but this song made me want to see Pink sent to Gitmo. I love the wealthy utopians who write plaintive, social bunny-love songs like this. I'm sure she cries nightly on her bags of money for the suffering of the world.

Eat it, you whiny git.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My personal pick is "What's Going On" by 4 non blondes, absolute mystery to me how that godawful song became a radio hit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't that a huge hit for Marvin Gaye? Never heard 4nonblonds or whatever, but Jimmy McGriff rips a killer Hammond B-3 version of this tune.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 4 non blondes tune is not a Marvin Gaye cover. If you thought that song was bad, listen to 4 non blondes cover of a Led Zeppelin song called "Misty Mountain Hop."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVmFF6_etkI

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? After listening to about a minute's worth, it's not a terrible cover. Not as good as the original but I don't feel like they completely bastardized the song or anything.

I don't remember their "What's Going On", so I guess I'll go check that out to see how much it sucks.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The 4 Non-Blondes song is actually called "What's Up?" despite the chorus saying "what's going on?". Totally different from (read: way worse than) the Marvin Gaye song.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:16 PM

Ohhhh, found the song and obviously I remember it now.

I'm a pretentious indie dork but I still kinda like "What's Up?", even despite the painful verse vocals. The chorus melody is catchy as crap.

Apparently, I'm not picky at all. I don't know.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:16 PM

Download Nickelback's "Rockstar" then realize that you'll never hear sounds worse than that.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:25 PM

Isn't there some tongue and cheek to "my humps." I think this is way way way worse.

The line "my lovely lady lumps" has made me laugh once or twice at least.