Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: NL 100, 6 max. Standard shove?

[ QUOTE ]
how bad is it to check behind on the flop with the knowledge of villains possible holdings?
Why are we betting flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking was, there are quite a few draws out, KQ, JJ, AQ, and any variation of those suited have pretty strong draws. It adds value if he is drawing, or forces him to fold. Since he check raised me, I think it's safe to eliminate some of the drawing hands.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: NL 100, 6 max. Standard shove?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For real, can anyone give any legit rationale to pushing here? Have you guys even bothered putting him on a hand?

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think they do that here. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is just really not necessary when there are like one maybe two hands that beat us.

We beat KT,AT,AQ,flush draws, pair and straight draws, air, etc.

We are behind exactly QJ and maybe TT.

edit: misread HH. Villain probably doesn't have QJ or KT. Im still not folding this. Villain could have a set but He could also have any number of pair/combo draws here. I'm still stacking off in this spot. I would need a very good read here to fold and "seems taggish" isn't good enough. We are still only realistically behind maybe a couple hands. TT is the one that makes the most sense. KK is the fairly unlikely and AA is also somewhat unlikely.