Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
theres no way a hacker could be getting the hands without some sort of backdoor (otherwise why not just hack a bank or federal reserve or w/e else schemes that make you billions not thousands). Thats why it has to be an inside job or a flaw in AP's program or such

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't say that there wasn't any security flaws. Obviously they have really poor security there if the hand log data is available real time. They all should and I think most good sites do have security systems on par with online banking security.

Anyway, what's with the "only 190" hands crap? There are 4 screens of DD's stats in cliffnotes. My overwhelming maths skills say there are 565 NL hands in total, in case the DB-s aren't overlapped and altered. ~53.7 buyins won, 475 ptBB/100.
(Of course in the eyes of sceptics, this is standard winrate playing 90/70 against NL 10/20 and 15/30 pros. Anyone can go on a lucky 500-hand winning streak, taking 50 buyins.. obv..)

Location: cook me on your grill and feed me to your neighbors

this is a really good idea, but scheduling simultaneous releases (or simultaneous efforts) is probably less effective than a consistent, high-pressure approach applied over a month+ period of time

there are a ton of as-close-to-reputable-news blogs out there who would be interested in this story, and coordinating an initial pr push with them, parallel to poker news sites, would be a good (and more practical first step) imo

i would be interested in investing some time contributing to this effort immediately and wouldn't sweat doing so for free

[ QUOTE ]
How can you be smart enough to figure out how to cheat and then use that knowledge in such a stupid way?

[/ QUOTE ]It takes zero brains to "figure out" how to cheat if the holecard access is a preexisting flaw that you are told about/know about/stumble on by accident. For example, a low-level Absolute customer service rep with only basic poker ability walks past a technician's computer in the office and sees the holecard cam program running, accesses the program on his work PC, e-mails it to his home PC....
Old 09-20-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating *DELETED*

Post deleted by pineapple888
Old 09-20-2007, 02:40 PM

Enough with the earn rate stuff!

It's enough to cause some suspicion, but not relevant to the main argument, which is HOW he got there, which is where we get the 10^20 estimate.

If it was just "ZOMG THIS DONKEY RAN HOT!!!!!!111!!!1!!!" this whole thing would have been over after about 5 minutes.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:42 PM

Absolute's earlier response:
[ QUOTE ]
However, a longer term review has shown that similar playing strategies have not resulted in the same results as these players achieved in the small sample of hands mentioned in the online discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]This is truly mind-bogglingly stupid. Is Absolute saying that they looked at other players playing a 90/60/infinite river aggression style and found, shockingly, that those players were all long-term losers, and therefore that POTRIPPER/DOUBLEDRAG/etc. weren’t cheating because they were playing a losing style?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On heads-up NL 25/50 a 284bb/100 hand intervall is possible every 20 million hands. However to get a 481bb/100 hand intervall you have to look at approximately 2000 trillion hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That cannot bet true with a SD of 270ptbb/100 I'm sure. Your other calculations suggest a much larger CI.

[ QUOTE ]
a 90% chance that the bb/100 lies between 63.5 and 1777.9 bb/100 for any 100 hand intervall.

[/ QUOTE ]

The above means that there is a 10% chance that any 100 hand streak is outside the confidence interval 63.5 - 1777.9 PTBB/100 right?

Old 09-20-2007, 02:44 PM

Location: cook me on your grill and feed me to your neighbors

im sure this has been mentioned, and it certainly isn't a goundbreaking obseravtion, but isn't it relatviely likely this is far from an isolated incident-it's simply the first time the perpetrators were stupid enough not to balance out their results so as to appear as just dominant/very lucky players rather than obvious cheaters?

if everyone decides that the best reaction is the most thorough, and honest investigation possible, what happens if a comprehensive "zomg it was all rigged" outage goes down?

id play devil's advocate and say I wouldn't want to know, if it would disintegrate online gambling as it is
Old 09-20-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so im having a session on abs where this guy munchkin cat is running like god against me and ofc my first thought was omg its doubledrags new account!

does anyone know who that is

[/ QUOTE ]

He just AIMed me and asked to do 1k swap ABS for Full Tilt...I declined because I was in the middle of a session...says he has 50k+ in his account

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo, g-p...when I kept insisting that munchkin cat send first he just wouldn't do the swap and now he was AIMing me to allow him to chip dump to me and telling me that he was going to chip dump like 50k to a friend later...add munchkin-cat to the list of megasuspicious/shady fools..AIM EC172

[/ QUOTE ]

Im munchkin_cat on ABS. I did NOT IM you, so whoever did is not me. And I'm def not shady.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain CALLING with JT as the nuts on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to know who AIMed other Players if not Munchkin_Cat

[/ QUOTE ]

He AIMed my roommate now too who also plays on ABS...trying to chipdump

[/ QUOTE ]

So who AIMed you and your Roommate if you both were sure,that it was Munchkin_Cat but he said,that he didnt.
That doesnt make Sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, not sure why he jumped to the conclusion that it was actually me. def didn't aim anyone looking for a trade.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Enough with the earn rate stuff!

It's enough to cause some suspicion, but not relevant to the main argument, which is HOW he got there, which is where we get the 10^20 estimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting approach, I have read several post that suggest their main argument for believing this is a cheat is the earn rate together with river aggression. Thats what they consider the best proof to prove a cheat beyond a reasonable doubt. But you don't think so obviously.
Closed Thread