Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: my new style: please check my stats

also a couple of other points it means i am less likely to be 3 bet with weaker hands pf becuase they know they'll be close to pot committed if i push (esp if about $250 or so).

there are advantages and there are disadvantages. it will always be more profitable to play with $600, but to ease me back to playing i find this preferable for now.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:26 PM

i know at least two cases where people at 2/4 consistently fold.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
john kane, longest running gimmick account in msnl

[/ QUOTE ]

don't tell me you dont' love it tho
Old 09-20-2007, 12:47 PM

This style would have done v well on Party back in the day. This style probably still works well in SSNL. IMO it takes more than this to beat 3/6+ at a good clip these days.

More aggression, more deception, and consistently making better bluffs/valuebets/folds (ie: reads). This simply requires better postflop skills, and that comes with experience and possibly coaching. My advice is to play less tables and think about your opponents more. Re-evaluate some of your super standard plays. It sounds like the same advice everyone always gives, but it's true and it will work if you take it to heart and resist playing on autopilot.

Also stop limping pf and move down a level where you're comfortable buying in full. This half stack stuff is counter-productive imo.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jeff or dad, ha ha, i think one day people will look back and think 'omg if only id followed john kane's advice i'd be playing $5,000-$10,000NL'...i am ahead of my time lols.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow
Old 09-20-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do hands go under coldcall% only when UTG opens, MP calls and you overcall on the BTN? Or is it when you cold-call a 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it only counts as a cold call if you call a bet and a raise at the same time. That means in the BB, since you have already 'called' by posting your big blind, calling the open raise doesn't count as a cold call.

If you call an open raise from the button, it counts because you are calling a bet (the blind bet) and a raise (the open). I'm not 100% sure how it treats the small blind, but judging by my stats, I'd say that it works like the big blind, in that it counts your blind post as a call of the initial bet.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:55 PM

50BB is such an awkward stacksize. You cant play CHOO CHOO poker very effectively, and you're slicing your implied odds and such as well. I'm sure you could find a style that works well for it though.

And LOL at being concerned with your blind winrate given a sample size of over ONE THOUSAND HANDS!!
Old 09-20-2007, 12:56 PM

the 5-10 games at ipoker really arent that agressive and each table has 3 huge nits minimum
Old 09-20-2007, 12:58 PM

i m a regular on nl600 since 4 month with a 4ptbb rate over about 100 k hands and the biggest winner in my db run like 19/16/3.5
17/15/2.8
some good lags run like 28/24/3

but most solid tag winners run the above so i think you should just 3bet more pre, steal more,2nd barrel more etc
Old 09-20-2007, 03:21 PM

Learning a style with half a stack is the most useless education exercise ever (see: your AQ 3-bet hand) - move down and learn to play with a full stack.