Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Turn spot vs lilholdem in 50r

I'd be suspicious of the preflop raise. It screams "please call me, you are getting the right pot odds" to me, so I'd probably fold. If I did call, I'd c/f or c/r on the flop depending upon how I felt at the time.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be suspicious of the preflop raise. It screams "please call me, you are getting the right pot odds" to me, so I'd probably fold. If I did call, I'd c/f or c/r on the flop depending upon how I felt at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should've mentioned it, but that's his standard raise size. Also, why would you ever c/r the flop?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should've mentioned it, but that's his standard raise size. Also, why would you ever c/r the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupidity? But srsly, you have to check/call river if you call turn, so I guess you just have to decide what weight you're giving to his bluffing range
Old 09-20-2007, 10:11 AM

I shoved turn and I think I like that more than call and check call river
Old 09-20-2007, 10:12 AM

Folding Preflop is best for reasons ZJ mentioned in addition to the fact that you're OOP playing a weak hand. If you decide to see flop you're looking for straight draw, 2 pair or better to continue..

On flop, check fold is best though leading the flop is not bad (and folding to any resistance).

As played - I fold the turn..
Old 09-20-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I thought he was bluffing.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're leaving him room to shove over so c/ring the flop leads to nothing but bad things - he flds when he's bluffing, or he shoves, and you're in a [censored] spot. Plus he shoves every time he's ahead too so you're really in a bad spot (or calls and then you're really screwed OOP later in the hand with a massive pot).

Check/call, check/shove is a much stronger line and is vastly superior to check/raising the flop, which is really bad because it turns your mid-strength hand into a pure bluff essentially, unless you plan on calling a shove on the flop, but...
Old 09-20-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you like betting to make people fold the worst hand?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:43 AM

OK. My probably warped thinking was that if I did c/r and he didn't have an ace, then he would fold. OK if he did have an ace, he would call or shove, but at least I would know where I was in the hand and could fold safe in the knowledge that I was a dog. To be honest, I'm more likely to c/f and not c/r.

As played, assuming you call the bet on the turn, you have committed the same amount of chips without working out where you are in the hand.

I'm prepared to be told I'm an idiot now....as long as it's constructive....
Old 09-20-2007, 10:46 AM

i'd still rather c/r than c/c tbh, clear out those overcards cuz we can't c/c another barrel anyway, possibly fold out a better nine. Since we didn't reraise pf and it was a button open, all the good aces are out of our range so he might think he can barrel us off a bad ace/nine.

and pre is such spew