Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: 50nl - Deep-ish. LAG v LAG

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any problem with the flop call. might not have immediate odds but if you hit the turn you can make a lot/fold to a big bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct. and BB is never folding when action gets back to him. hes either callin, or raising. both im perfectly comfortable with. also, remember that even if we all get it ai right here...CO is shortstack, and sidepot will b ~200bb.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yuck man, fold the flop. As played, the pot is $54 on the turn. Thats just addition, you should be able to do that in your head. Given that info, a psr is to $67, but I think thats excessive. I would probably either minraise and call a shove (seriously) or make it like $48. On the river you have to call given pot odds, but its pretty gross to see the 3. You would be doing good to ship this pot 30% of the time imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i know how to add. just sayyin thats why my raise is a lil smaller than it normally would have been. however, after lookin at my line after, im not sure what sizing i like yet. hence why im askin for a line-check.

why are u minraising btw? to induce a 3b-shove? hes donkish/station-ish...i dont think inducing that is great here (or rly goin to happen often enuff). also, doesnt get pot big enuff to rly allow him to move his stack in on the river (assuming he just calls it).
Old 09-19-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Q2: This is a very tough choice between fist-pump/snap call, and merely a call. Hmmm, I'm leaning towards just calling but I'm probably pumping my fist if I win

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my favorite response this week.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:46 PM

snapcall wihtout the fistpump. But point and laugh when he flips up A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or the much more likely 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Old 09-19-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why are u minraising btw? ... doesnt get pot big enuff to rly allow him to move his stack in on the river (assuming he just calls it).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does. Minraising here makes the pot ~$80 with $52 behind. That's an easy shove. I'm not advocating a minraise, but your raise size didn't actually make it that much easier to get stacks in. It did make this a pretty easy call on the end, though.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yuck man, fold the flop. As played, the pot is $54 on the turn. Thats just addition, you should be able to do that in your head. Given that info, a psr is to $67, but I think thats excessive. I would probably either minraise and call a shove (seriously) or make it like $48. On the river you have to call given pot odds, but its pretty gross to see the 3. You would be doing good to ship this pot 30% of the time imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i know how to add. just sayyin thats why my raise is a lil smaller than it normally would have been. however, after lookin at my line after, im not sure what sizing i like yet. hence why im askin for a line-check.

why are u minraising btw? to induce a 3b-shove? hes donkish/station-ish...i dont think inducing that is great here (or rly goin to happen often enuff). also, doesnt get pot big enuff to rly allow him to move his stack in on the river (assuming he just calls it).

[/ QUOTE ]

yea...you basically have the idea behind my minraise. He'll be annoyed and say [censored] it and then shove some of the time and other times he'll just call and then you'll offer him almost 4 to 1 on the river call when you shove and he'll feel committed with a lot of worse hands. I really think you picked about as bad of a raise size as you could.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea...you basically have the idea behind my minraise. He'll be annoyed and say [censored] it and then shove some of the time and other times he'll just call and then you'll offer him almost 4 to 1 on the river call when you shove and he'll feel committed with a lot of worse hands. I really think you picked about as bad of a raise size as you could.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree that my sizing was "the worst"...but i like the idea of ur minraise. after thinkin about it, i rly like what it accomplishes.

also, worst raise wud b push. and then next wud b full PSB.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree that my sizing was "the worst"...but i like the idea of ur minraise. after thinkin about it, i rly like what it accomplishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think push is terrible, just that there are better things. He's got to be fully incompotent not to understand what your sizing is doing. Even most good regs will be like wtf? if you push.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think push is terrible, just that there are better things. He's got to be fully incompotent not to understand what your sizing is doing. Even most good regs will be like wtf? if you push.

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is that any raise gives my hand away. but i still have to do it most of the time against him (55/22 shows a lack of understanding and discipline) for value purposes.

against a reg i probably just call here for deception value.