Old 09-19-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: 200NL QQ

shove river? wtf
but i call this all day
Old 09-19-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet about $70 on the turn and fold to a push. I don't think you played it bad but as played I would have to call river and make a note. I think his range is way too wide here for a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you make your hand a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we're making our hand a bluff. We raised preflop and reraised the flop. He's going to have to have a strong hand to call that turn bet. We could also just call the flop and bet the turn but not betting when the ace hits seems weak-tight to me.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet about $70 on the turn and fold to a push. I don't think you played it bad but as played I would have to call river and make a note. I think his range is way too wide here for a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you make your hand a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we're making our hand a bluff. We raised preflop and reraised the flop. He's going to have to have a strong hand to call that turn bet. We could also just call the flop and bet the turn but not betting when the ace hits seems weak-tight to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in this spot there is more value against his range in checking the turn and betting the river if checked to.

Villain probably doesnt have great hand reading skills so he may view the ace as a scare card and fold hands that he would almost certainly call a river bet with if we check behind on the turn.

Also I don't see what hands we will get 3 streets of value out of that we beat. Is he really calling turn and river bets here with 910 or 1010 type hands??
Old 09-19-2007, 12:15 PM

You played this fine, but please call the river. You have to be good only 27% of time, and some 9x, 88, 66 Hands would play it like this.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TUrn check is good, the river is closer to a shove than a fold. I think I just call though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2007, 01:16 PM

Turn check is clearly the best option IMO. We probably still have the best hand but if we bet most of his range which we have beat is just gonna fold (ie.s 9x, TT, 88, maybe 66-). Certainly they won't call off the whole stack, so we have one street of value left here probably. We can get this on river so we are not losing any value by not building the pot on the turn.
Call his river bet. You only need to be good here 25% and pretty sure we are that easily.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:16 PM

Turn check is fine.

What A's do you put in his range that limp pre, donk a 977 board and call a 3bet? JJ,TT,88,66,9x,T8,86 are all more likely. I peel and call the river.