Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Re: from $10 to $1 million in one day

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to the people saying, just win a tourney, you know how hard this is even if you can see the players cards? You still have to take flips and if you lose.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well first off you would avoid as many situations as possible where you could get all the chips in with more cards to come. You would make/call all the big bets on the river. And I would expect that you would have a decent chip lead throughout the whole tourney so even if you lost the odd all-in you wouldnt get hurt too bad. To win a tourney all you need to do is steal the blinds once per orbit. This would be cake if you could see all the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still disagree for example, if you had to play the sunday mill 10 times in a row and you were able to see all the cards, how many times do you honestly think you would take first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a discussion in the Sklansky forum regarding the edge a player who could see the hole cards of the player to his right would gain from this knowledge in the main event of the WSOP.
It was relatively agreed upon that the player would win the tournament nearly every time with a correct strategy.

HOWEVER, the WSOP ME is stretched out over a week or more, with long play hours. The blinds of the Sunday million might rise too fast for you to avoid taking some risks, which is why I wouldn't suggest playing any tournaments at all in this $10->$1M scenario.

NLHE cash games all the way gets my vote. Your ability to see everyone else's cards would (of course) give you a tremendous edge, allowing you to win quickly, with very low ROR, and move up in limits very fast. As another poster pointed out, the highest NL cash games are so aggro that you shouldn't have any trouble finding opportunities to increase your stack.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:02 AM

Playing cash games you would have far fewer coinflip situations, meaning fewer suckouts over that 24 hour period.

Not to mention the fact that a suckout in the tournie may be the decider... Costing you up to 6 hours of wasted time.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you could see everyone else's whole cards at the table, would it be possible to get from $10 to $1 million in 24 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be very easy even without seeing their hole cards. Just play every hand and muck your cards on the river.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:58 PM

this would be so easy...and it would be easier playing strictly cash and not wasting hours in the tournament...the pros are going to give you plenty of action at 200/400 because they figure your taking a shot...i really think this is laughably easy
Old 08-30-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing cash games you would have far fewer coinflip situations, meaning fewer suckouts over that 24 hour period.

Not to mention the fact that a suckout in the tournie may be the decider... Costing you up to 6 hours of wasted time.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I have x-ray vision, and last for 6 hours in a tournament, then I probably have the largest stack by far. It would take repeated suckouts to knock me out, and I would probably get a healthy prize for making the final table. Also, I would be multitabling cash games at the same time. So, it wouldn't be a waste of 6 hours. It would return sub-optimal value on 6 table-hours, which isn't a disaster. In fact, some of my play at the final table would be intentionally crazy to try to get action after the tournament.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:37 PM

Email FTP and demand them to turn on your boomswitch. Doesn't seem too hard.

Boomswitch + Seeing Opponents' cards = ROBUSTO!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to the people saying, just win a tourney, you know how hard this is even if you can see the players cards? You still have to take flips and if you lose.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well first off you would avoid as many situations as possible where you could get all the chips in with more cards to come. You would make/call all the big bets on the river. And I would expect that you would have a decent chip lead throughout the whole tourney so even if you lost the odd all-in you wouldnt get hurt too bad. To win a tourney all you need to do is steal the blinds once per orbit. This would be cake if you could see all the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still disagree for example, if you had to play the sunday mill 10 times in a row and you were able to see all the cards, how many times do you honestly think you would take first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Lederer answered this question in his opinion once. He said that a WCP who knew his opponent's hole cards (and that they didn't know that he knew) would win any given $10k tournament 95% of the time.

Fell