Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/17)

In the hand where Jamie Gold told Silent Bob Baxter if he pushed all -in, he (Gold) was going to call....is Gold committed to that decision had Baxter pushed all-in?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:31 AM

I have to agree, can hardly stand watching Phil ranting and whining like a baby. Was so happy that he came in late this episode so I did't have to watch him to long. Do like Baxter however, think he is a very strong player by what has been shown so far.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:55 AM

I heard Jen is very loose when off the air
Old 09-19-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
was anyone else jumping up and down, hoping baxter would hit his draw and send helmuth absolutely nuclear?
that would've been the best poker on tv, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was. It would have been the nuclear meltdown to end them all. We might have actually witnessed Phil's head ASPLODE!.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the hand where Jamie Gold told Silent Bob Baxter if he pushed all -in, he (Gold) was going to call....is Gold committed to that decision had Baxter pushed all-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:12 AM

I am a big Harmon fan - I like her game - but I'll be the first to say that putting her in this lineup was a bad decision on the part of the producers. Maybe she'll make one or two pick off moves to take down a pot on the flop but she isn't willing to gamble it up preflop. She'd be better at a table with other TAGs and maybe one or two Farha types.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Although he was a laughable tell-box vs. Eli on that trip Kings hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker.

This reminds me of another poster who said Matusow gave away his hand with a 100% certainty when he had the nuts and was commenting that he didn't have a bunch of hands. Heck, Doyle did the exact same thing last week on PaD and had an absolute zero. I see the same stuff at least fifty times a week.
Same goes for your post. Gold does RANDOM things. Let me repeat: RANDOM. Even he has no idea until he's saying it. If he had a flush draw you would all be saying the same thing "OMG TELL BOX LOL!!! These are not tells...Just understand how stupid you are please. Let me give you an example of a possible tell that is extremely hard to spot. Phil Ivey tends to made a funny upward head movement when he has a very weak hand immediately after he bets it. Has anyone noticed it? I've seen it around twenty times now and have never seen him do it when he has a strong hand. Now this may be a credible tell. You see, I have a control in my assumptions. You have baseless, fact-less horse-crap!! For the love of God!! HELP ME!!!

My word...what's wrong with this forum? I read through some posts and so far 90% of it is fill with utter nonsense/crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Gold is good at saying and doing random things, and it works for him. However, on the hand in question, when the King hit on the turn, Gold's reaction and comments made it quite clear to anyone who has ever played poker that he liked that card immensely.

By the way, you should probably switch to decaf.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:45 AM

To the people saying Baxters all in after helmmuths raise was crap ..it was only like 25-30k more to win like 200k ? Now should he have even gotten involved in that pot to begin with is another story though ..However its TV =)

After reading through the posts in this thread, one thing that really kind of ticked me off was all the Jennifer Harmon haters. She is one of the best players in the line up , show a little respect.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:52 AM

veil,

i'm just wondering if you offer lessons?
not having a losing session in two years of heads up play at 50/100 is amazing, and i'd love to get some help with my heads up game.

if you could please let me know what your rates would be and also your screen name on full tilt so i could watch and learn from you that would be awesome.

thanks!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Very bad poker this week. I cannot recall one hand that was played even remotely alright by everyone involved.

Any winning SSNL player would be massively EV+ in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

ban please.

[/ QUOTE ]